Are you a mid-career professional from South Africa interested in schooling at Harvard? Then you should apply for the Harvard South Africa Fellowship Program 2021.
The program addresses the needs of South Africans denied access to advanced education by the apartheid system in South Africa.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
Successful applicants get:
- Payment of all tuition for the full period of enrollment at Harvard
- Funded round-trip airfare between the fellow’s city of residence and Boston
- A monthly stipend is provided to fellows, , to cover the cost of housing and other living expenses (except those enrolled in the Executive Education Programs)
N.B: Housing is usually in university graduate dormitories.
The opportunity is open to :
- All South Africans who qualify
Specifications/Terms and Conditions
- Priority will be extended to mid-career applicants from historically marginalized or underrepresented groups, including applicants from rural areas outside urban centers.
- Candidates who have just completed, or who have not yet completed, a first degree are not selected unless this degree is being pursued concurrently with, or subsequent to experience in the workplace.
- Fellows usually range from 30- to 45-years-old.
- Ideal candidates are those who seek to model ethical leadership, knowledge sharing, and serve as a resource to improve and transform their communities and South Africa.
- Applicants whose interest in the program is only in seeking an advanced degree or professional certification to advance their own career interests are not ideal candidates.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
About the Harvard South Africa Fellowship Program
Harvard University President Derek Bok established the Harvard South Africa Fellowship Program in 1979 to address the needs of South Africans denied access to advanced education by the apartheid system.
The Harvard South Africa Fellowship Program continues to serve as an intellectual resource for talented South Africans, with the goal of providing a “transformational experience at Harvard University during the fellowship year.
Key Dates and Order of Program
February 15, 2021: Applications open
April 30, 2021: Applications close (at 11:59pm EST)
May 1 – 31, 2021: Applications reviewed
June 2021: Applicants notified if they have been selected for an interview
July – August, 2021: Shortlisted candidates scheduled for interviews
September 2021: Interviewed candidates are notified if they have been selected as a Harvard South Africa Fellow finalist
September 2021 – December 2021: Selected finalists apply directly to the Harvard program they are interested in attending
January 2022 – April 2022: Candidates typically hear about their admissions decision from the Harvard School to which they applied
Beginning July – August 2022: Most Harvard South Africa Fellows’ academic programs at Harvard begin
May 2023: Fellows at Harvard for one-year programs complete their academic year at the University
The fellowship shall take place at the University of Harvard, Cambridge, Massachusetts.