Are you a promising scientist with innovative ideas and a strong focus on sustainable development, ready to collaborate with German institutions and International researchers?
Then apply for the Green Talent Competition 2021, where your talents can be adequately harnessed with proven experts in the field. The program offers you an opportunity to be part of a worldwide network of great young minds, and outstanding German institutions.
Application Deadline: May 19 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
The prestigious Green Talents programme offers you the unique opportunity to become part of an exceptional world-wide network of outstanding young minds and leading German institutions.
The Green Talents Award 2021 includes:
- Invitation to a multi-day Virtual Science Forum in October 2021: “Science Sessions” with leading German sustainability facilities, institutions and companies, which will virtually provide exclusive insights into their leading-edge research and projects,
- Virtual appointments with German experts of your choice to discuss possibilities for upcoming joint research and cooperation efforts,
- A wide range of workshops dedicated to the SDGs and advancing your scientific career,
- Networking opportunities with other Green Talents, participating Green Talents alumni and researchers,
- Formal Virtual Award Ceremony with your fellow Green Talents and special guests
- A fully funded on-site research stay of up to three months at an institution of your choice in Germany
- Exclusive access to the distinguished Green Talents alumni network.
- You will have the opportunity to come to Germany for up to three months to conduct a research stay at an institute of your choice the year after the Virtual Science Forum.
Applicants must meet the following mandatory requirements:
- Enrolment in a master’s or PhD programme or a degree (master’s/PhD) completed no more than three years before the end of the application process
- Strong focus on sustainable development and an interdisciplinary approach in any field of sustainability research
- No more than three years of professional work experience (this excludes professional work experiences gained within the scope of an academic degree)
- Proven excellent command of English
- Significantly above-average grades
- Not a German citizen nor a resident of Germany (individuals therefore not eligible to apply: German passport holders as well as anyone living in Germany at the time of application even if the residence is temporary)
No exceptions to these requirements can be accepted. Ineligible applications will automatically be disqualified.
The Green Talents Competition focuses on outstanding young scientists, who are active in the field of sustainable development and are willing to collaborate with German experts and to contribute to sustainability research in Germany. The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) fosters interdisciplinary approaches in this regard. The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) form the framework for this year’s competition and applicants must indicate, which SDGs their research is contributing to. Applicants can, therefore, come from any scientific field closely related to sustainability research.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Applications can only be submitted via our online tool. Documents that are sent to us by email cannot be accepted. Please note that applications cannot be changed once they have been submitted nor can any missing document be handed in after the application deadline.
About the Green Talent Competition
Every year, the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) hosts the prestigious Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development to promote the international exchange of innovative green ideas within the field of sustainability. The award, under the patronage of Minister Anja Karliczek, honours young researchers from numerous countries and scientific disciplines each year for their achievements and efforts to making their communities, countries and societies more sustainable. Selected by a jury of German experts, the award winners are granted unique access to the country’s research elite.
Key Dates and Order of Program
The application period is from 7 April until 19 May 2021.
The Green Talents 2021 awardees will be selected by a high-ranking expert jury consisting of Anne-Kathrin Kuhlemann, Professor Stefan Schaltegger, Georg Schirmbeck, and Professor Daniela Thrän.
The program would take place in Germany.