Submit an application for the Government of Mauritius African Scholarships scheme 2021, for a chance to to study in Mauritius with your entire tuition fee taken care of, and other living expenses.
Application Deadline: 14 May 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
- The Scholarship will support successful candidates in meeting their tuition fees and in contributing to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius This will be valid for travel from the country of origin at the beginning of the studies and back to the country of origin upon successful completion of studies. All students will be required to undergo a 14-day quarantine upon arrival in Mauritius; the cost of which will be covered under this scheme. Cost of PCR tests will also be met. Additionally, if any student is tested positive for the Coronavirus (Covid-19) upon arrival, the related medical expenses will be covered under this scheme.
- For undergraduate programmes, applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday by the closing date of application.
- For Master’s programmes, applicants should not have reached 35 years and, for PhD programmes, applicants should not have reached 40 years by the closing date of application.
- Applicants must have already applied for a full-time on-campus programme (Diploma, Degree, Master’s or PhD) at a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius (listed in Section 8 in the Guidelines for Applicants) for academic year starting in 2021.
- The scholarship will be for a maximum duration as indicated in the table below or the minimum course.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Guidelines for Applicants
This document contains important information regarding the conditions attached to the scholarship, the application procedure, and a list of public Higher Education Institutions in Mauritius where full-time on-campus studies are run.
- Application Form (Applicants are invited to fill in the form electronically before printing)
Application for the scholarship can only be made on the application form, duly filled-in. Section 5 of the application form should be endorsed and completed by the Nominating Agency in the country of citizenship of the applicant. Applications which are not made through the Nominating Agency of the respective countries will not be entertained.
An application under this Scheme is to be made solely through the Nominating Agency responsible for the processing of scholarships in the country of citizenship of the applicant. Such Nominating Agency, which may typically be part of the Ministry of Education in the country of the applicant, will then shortlist and endorse the applications of a maximum of FIFTEEN (15) eligible candidates (five in each category of Undergraduate, Masters and MPhil/PhD)and submit the duly completed application forms
- Applications, together with supporting documents as required should be forwarded to the Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology of the Republic of Mauritius at the address mentioned below, for a final selection.
The Senior Chief Executive, Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology (Attn: Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Division) Level 2, MITD House, Pont Fer, Phoenix 73544.
Republic of Mauritius (Email: email@example.com )
About the Government of Mauritius African Scholarships Scheme
The Government of Mauritius is awarding scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or African Commonwealth countries.
Key Dates and Order of Program
- Intake Deadline. August 2021
- For electronic submission. 30 April 2021
- Deadline for submission of hard copy. 14 May 2021.
- Undergraduate Diploma Three (3) years
- Undergraduate Degree Four (4) years
- Master Two (2) years
- MPhil / PhD Four (4) years + 6 months for the transfer from MPhil to PhD
- PhD Three (3) years