Apply for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program for a chance to receive financial aid to pursue study in any field of your choice.
Candidates awarded the opportunity will receive financial support with the tuition for their study program and have the opportunity to direct their own research at the early-career stage, working with a supervisor, in their chosen area of interest.
Successful applicants who become scholars under the program are recognized as demonstrating world-class potential as future research leaders and in the quality of their ideas.
Application Deadline: October 29, 2020.
Open the Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
The program offers:
- An annual stipend of €16,000
- A contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 annually
- Eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 annually
The program is open to outstanding international scholars that are:
- Specialized in any disciplines of science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM) and arts, humanities and social science (AHSS).
- From a recognized Higher Education Institution in Ireland that is:
- A third-level institution within the meaning of Section One of the Higher Education Authority Act, 1971
- Approved for the purposes of the Free Fees Initiative
- In receipt of public funding from the Department of Education and Skills for the purpose of higher education and research.
- While applicants may apply for one scholarship theme only, those who choose to apply for a strategic funding partner scholarship will also be considered for a Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship.
- Applications are open for the following scholarships:
- The Environmental Protection Agency Postgraduate Scholarship
- The Andrew Grene Postgraduate Scholarship in Conflict Resolution (funded by DFA – Irish Aid)
- The Countess Markievicz Postgraduate Scholarship in Female Leadership (funded by DBEI)
- The Met Éireann Postgraduate Scholarship
- Applicants must be from an eligible RPO, one that possesses an existing in-house capacity to carry out research that materially extends and enhances the Irish research base.
It must be in a position to demonstrate an independent capability to undertake and lead research projects/programs, as approved by the Council.
- Pioneering proposals addressing new and emerging fields of research or those introducing creative, innovative approaches are welcomed.
Proposals of an interdisciplinary nature are also encouraged as it is recognized that advancing fundamental understanding is achieved by integrating information, techniques, tools and perspectives from two or more disciplines.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
About the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program is an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science, and managed by the Council.
Unique in the Irish research landscape, the program complements other channels for funded postgraduate education in the Irish ecosystem.
It features individual and prestigious awards for excellent research in the name of the applicant and provides funding across all disciplines.
Key Dates and Order of Program
The deadline for application is 16:00 (Irish time) on 29th October 2020.
The deadline for Supervisor and referee is 16:00 (Irish time) 5th November 2020.
The Research office endorsement deadline 16:00 (Irish time) is 12th November 2020.
Selections will be announced by the End of March 2021.
The Scholarships will commence by 1st September 2021.
The selection process will be objective and conducted by an international, independent, and expert peer review committee.
In ensuring transparency and fairness to all applicants, the Council will not enter into written or telephone correspondence with any individual about the assessment process or their eligibility to apply.
Networking and Partnership Opportunities
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program is funded by the Council in partnership with a number of government departments and agencies to support scholarships in strategic research areas as a mechanism to deliver shared national objectives.
The 2021 Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program strategic funding partners are:
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) – Irish Aid
- The Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation (DBEI)
- Met Éireann.