If you are a PhD candidate interested in the future of technology, you should apply for the Google PhD Fellowship Program.
You stand a chance of getting US $30,000 to cover stipend and other research-related activities and travel expenses as well as the chance to get a google research mentor.
Application Deadline: April 21, 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
- Up to 3 year Fellowship.
- $30,000 to cover stipend and other research related activities, travel expenses including overseas travel.
- A Google Research Mentor.
The fellowship opportunity is open to :
- Full-time graduate students pursuing a PhD and enrolled in an African institution.
- Undergraduate or Master’s students and professionals may apply.
Google employees, and their spouses, children, and members of their household are not eligible.
Students that are already supported by a comparable industry award are not eligible
Requirements/Terms and Conditions
Students must remain enrolled full-time in the PhD program for the duration of the Fellowship or forfeit the award.
Undergraduate and Master’s student applicants must be currently enrolled, full time students at an African university.
Professionals must be employed/affiliated with an organization registered in Africa.
Grant of the Fellowship does not mean admission to the PhD program of a university.
The awardee must also complete the PhD admission process of the respective Institute/university where they wish to register for a PhD.
Grant of the Fellowship will be subject to the rules and guidelines applicable in the institute/university where the awardee registers for the PhD program.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Students will need the following documents in order to complete an application (in English only):
- Student applicant’s resume with links to website and publications (if available)
- Available transcripts (mark sheets) starting from first year/semester of Bachelor’s degree to date
- Research proposal (maximum 3 pages, excluding references)
- 2-3 letters of recommendation from those familiar with the applicant’s work (at least one from the thesis advisor for current PhD students)
- Short (one-page) resume of the student’s PhD program advisor
- Applicant’s essay response (350-word limit) to: What impact would receiving this scholarship have on your education? Describe any circumstances affecting your need for a scholarship and what educational goals this scholarship will enable you to accomplish.
About the Google PhD Fellowship Program
The Google PhD Fellowship Program was created to recognize outstanding graduate students doing exceptional and innovative research in areas relevant to computer science and related fields.
The fellowship supports promising PhD candidates of all backgrounds who seek to influence the future of technology.