Are you an organisation whose projects embody an innovative approach to an important development? Then apply to the Global Awards Competition 2021 to receive grants worth of US$ 45,000.
Application Deadline: June 9, 2021.
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
- The three winning projects will receive grants worth US$ 45,000.
- Finalists will be invited to join a communications training in preparation of a pitch of their project in front of a high-level Jury, which will decide which research proposal to award.
- The first prize winner will receive a grant of US$ 30,000. The second prize and third prize winners will receive a grant of US$ 10,000 and US$ 5,000 respectively. The funds will be used to support the research work proposed by the winners towards the completion of their research. Additionally, awardees will be paired with world-class academic in their area of work who will play the role of a Scientific and Technical Advisor to the winners.
The awards will be given to organizations whose projects embody an innovative approach to an important development need and hold the greatest promise for:
- responding directly to the needs of the poorest and most vulnerable, underserved groups to improve their lives aiming at rapid results for improved livelihood;
- supporting initiatives that lead to developing sustainable outcomes through the scaling-up of the project.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
About the Global Awards Competition
GDN invites non-profit Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) from low and lower-middle-income countries to submit project applications within the following three themes for the 2021 edition of the Japanese Award for Most Innovative Development Project (MIDP) category of the Awards:
Theme 1: Universal health coverage and COVID
Theme 2: Community-driven, climate-related, disaster risk reduction in rural areas
Theme 3: Quality urban infrastructure and community driven governance
The Japanese Award for Outstanding Research on Development (ORD) is a competitive research grant program under the Global Development Awards Competition 2021. The Awards Competition is administered by GDN and supported by the Ministry of Finance, Government of Japan. This award program identifies and funds outstanding research proposals with high potential for excellence in research and clear policy implications for addressing development issues.
Key Dates and Order of Program
The last date for submission is 9 June 2021 (Indian Standard Time 6:00 PM).
- Deadline for submissions: 9 June 2021
- Announcement of Eligibility screening results: 14 June 2021
- Announcement of First Level review results (shortlisted applications) and comments from reviewers: 17 July 2021
- Resubmission of the updated application by the shortlisted applicants: 25 July 2021
- Announcement of Second Level review results (finalists) and comments from reviewers: 1 September 2021
- Resubmission of updated applications by the finalists: 17 September 2021
- Announcement of winners: 24 October 2021
Finalists are expected to be available during the following periods
- 20-21 October 2021 – Communications training
- 22-24 October 2021 – Session at the physical event for the presentation of their projects to the jury.
The awards will be given to the researcher(s) whose proposals hold the greatest promise for improving our understanding of development issues and puts forth clear, articulate and well-researched policy implications to address relevant development problems.
A physical Award ceremony is planned in 2021, if conditions allow it, but projects are expected to start on 15 Jan 2022.