Are you a woman, female-identifying and non-binary individual in commercial photography/videography? Then you should apply for the Getty Images #ShowUs Grant 2021.
The #ShowUs Grant provides financial support and mentorship to artists who are committed to authentically representing women, female-identifying and non-binary individuals in commercial photography and videography.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
- Successful applicants get $5,000 each.
- The successful recipients will be invited to license their award-winning content through GettyImages.com and iStock.com at a 100% royalty rate for imagery created within their proposed project.
P.S: This is subject to you entering into a separate agreement with Getty Images allowing for the distribution of your content.
- Winners who choose to license their imagery will receive guidance and mentorship from one of Getty Images award-winning Art Directors, as well as a feature on the Getty Images Creative Insights website, in addition to promotion on relevant Getty Images and Stock social channels.
The opportunity is open to :
- Women, female-identifying and non-binary commercial photographers and videographers.
Requirements/Specifications/Terms and Conditions
- Applicants are requested to conduct shoots safely and following local guidelines around social distancing.
- The proposals must be in English.
- All submissions must be digital. Prints, books, slides or transparencies or other such materials will not be reviewed by judges nor returned to the applicant.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Applications must include a link(s) to an existing portfolio of work online.
Application should include a 200-500-word summary of the proposed project and an explanation as to how the project will move the #ShowUs movement forward through commercial photography and videography.
A short biography detailing who you are and what you’ve done.
Complete all the required fields indicated on the application website here.
About the Getty Images #ShowUs Grant
The #ShowUs Grant is dedicated toward promoting the work of emerging artists and is open to women, female identifying and non-binary commercial photographers and videographers.
Project #ShowUs is a global library of images created by women devoted to shattering beauty stereotypes around the world. Created in partnership with Dove and female photography collective Girigaze this global collection is 100% powered by women, showing women as they are, not as others believe they should be.
Key Dates and Order of Program
Application Deadline is April 30, 2021
- Judges will be looking for submissions which represent Leadership in all its forms – this can be mother leading/teaching daughter, friend guiding friend, or women in professional leadership settings.
- Judges will give particular consideration to photographers and videographers who are telling local stories of women in their communities.
- Selection will be based on the judges’ determination of the applicant’s ability to execute the submitted project with a compelling commercial visual narrative based on either still images or video.
- The jury will consider the caliber of the portfolio, the project’s merit and the artist’s professional ability.
- The judges will also be assessing how the submitted projects authentically represent women from across the globe and how the project will help to change the way media and advertising represent women.