If you’re an Asian woman in the computer science field, then you should apply for the Generation Google Scholarship.
The scholarship helps aspiring students pursuing computer science degrees excel in technology and become leaders in the field.
Application Deadline: March 20 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
Selected candidates will receive $1,000 USD
To be qualified to apply, applicants must:
- Identify as female
- Be currently enrolled as a full time student for the 2021/2022 academic year
- Be a 1st year or 2nd year student in a Bachelors program at an accredited university in one of the following Asia Pacific countries/regions:
- Southeast Asia+ : Bangladesh, Brunei,Cambodia, Indonesia, Leos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam
- Be studying computer science, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for improving representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology
Requirements/Terms and Conditions
- Awards must be spent on tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for the students classes at their chosen university.
- Scholarship recipients must be enrolled as full time students for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Enrollment will be verified after the winners are selected, and all scholarship payments will be made directly to the student to be used towards tuition and education-related expenses.
- Awards for any scholar who no longer meets the eligibility requirements will be withheld and that for any scholar who does not maintain the eligibility requirements will be revoked.
- Selected recipients will receive instructions from Google on how to receive the award, failure to complete these steps by the specified deadline will disqualify recipients from receiving the award.
- Recipients may defer their award for up to one (1) year from the time of originally planned payment on a case by case basis as determined by Google.
- Google employees are not eligible to apply for Google scholarships.
- Persons who are
- Residents of embargoed Countries
- Ordinarily resident in embargoed countries
- Otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs may not apply for this scholarship
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
You will need to complete an online application that includes:
- General background information (eg. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- Responses to two short essay questions
- Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool or respective peers
- Google Online Challenge (Invitation to the challenge will be sent 5-7 working days post application deadline)
P.S: Google Online Challenge solely serves as an additional data point when reviewing your application holistically
NOTE: Before starting the application please have the following ready for upload
- PDf copy of your resume (if applicable, please include leadership positions, extracurricular activities and diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts on your resume)
- PDF copy of your current or most recent transcript
- PDF copy of your two short answer responses
Short Answer Essay Questions:
1) Please give us one example of how you have exhibited leadership. Explain what you were trying to achieve your role. how you influenced others and the impact as a result of your actions. Think broadly and examine the many ways you are having an effect on the members of the different communities you are a part of. Keep in mind, the example you choose does not need to be a formal or traditional leadership role.
2) What is a significant challenge that you believe women in the tech industry face and how do you see yourself as being part of the solution(s) to this challenge? Keep in mind that impact can happen in many ways and at different scales.
Things to take note of when answering the essay questions:
- Please use one document to capture all two essay questions and upload to the online application in PDF format
- Please name your file
- Please copy and paste all essay questions and write your responses underneath the question.
- Each response to the two questions below should be written in English and be 400 words or less each
About the Generation Google Scholarship
Generation Google Scholarship for women in computer science was established to help aspiring students pursuing computer science degrees excel in technology and become leaders in the field