Apply for the Ebbe Nielsen Challenge 2021 and be among the lucky winners to claim up to €20,000 in prizes.
The Challenge has opened with the aim of recognizing innovative entries that leverage biodiversity data and tools from the GBIF network to advance open science.
Application Deadline: August 2, 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
Winners get rewards of up to €20,000 in prizes.
The Challenge is open to individuals, teams of individuals, companies and their employees, and governmental agencies and their employees.
The Challenge is not open to:
- Current staff members at the GBIF Secretariat.
- Individuals currently contracting directly with the GBIF Secretariat
- Members of the GBIF Science Committee
- Heads of Delegation to GBIF.
The judges and GBIF Secretariat staff must be able to
- Access and operate or review the submission at no cost
- Operate it on readily available hardware (if the submission is a stand-alone application)
- Repeat any processes or routines, if the submission is a script or other automated solution
Other rules and requirements here
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
About the Swiss Africa Business and Innovation Initiative
The Ebbe Nielsen Challenge is an open-ended challenge with the aim of recognizing innovative entries that leverage biodiversity data and tools from the GBIF network to advance open science.
The Challenge honours the memory of Dr Ebbe Schmidt Nielsen, an inspirational leader in the fields of biosystematics and biodiversity informatics and a principal founder of GBIF.
Key Dates and Order of Program
Submission Period: 20 January 2021 – 2 August 2021
Judging Period: 3 August–30 September 2021
Winners Announced: October 2021
An expert jury will judge entries on their openness and repeatability, relevance and novelty and present a selected pool of winners.
Evaluation Criteria includes:
- Openness and repeatability
Winners will be announced at the 28th GBIF Governing Board meeting.