Pursue a Masters at a flemish university in Belgium with financial aid from the VLIR-UOS Training and Masters Scholarships scheme.
Selected candidates in different fields from different parts of the world will be able to study and obtain a Masters Degree in Belgium.
Application Deadline: February 1/ March 1, 2021.
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
Recipients of the Scholarship award will have access to the following benefits:
- Full funding for tuition fees
- All expense paid for Accomodation
- Allowance for the duration of study
- Full Cost of International travel
You can only apply for a scholarship if you meet the following requisites:
- Nationality and Country of Residence
A candidate should be a national and resident of one of the 31 countries of the VLIR-UOS country list for scholarships (not necessarily the same country) at the time of application.
The maximum age for a Master programme candidate is 35 years for an initial masters and 45 years for an advanced masters. The candidate cannot succeed this age on January 1 of the intake year.
- Professional background and experience
Priority is given to candidates who are employed in academic institutions, research institutes, governments, the social economy or NGOs, or who aim at a career in one of these sectors. However, master candidates employed in the profit sector or newly graduated candidates without any work experience can be eligible for the scholarship as well, depending on their motivation and profile. The training candidate should have relevant professional experience and a support letter confirming (re)integration in a professional context where the acquired knowledge and skills will be immediately applicable.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
In case you have any questions regarding your application or selection process, please contact the university directly!
- Check the eligibility criteria for a scholarship.
- If you meet all the criteria, have a look at the selected master programs (15).
You can find the links to all the master programs’ website here.
- If a specific program catches your interest, visit the website of the organizing university and follow its instructions.
Via the university’s website, you will have to apply for both admission to the program as well as for the scholarship itself. When you apply for the program, be sure to mention whether you wish to apply for a scholarship.
- Do not apply for more than one master program per year.
The deadlines are determined by the program.
- We receive the selection results of the program organizers.
We will contact the selected candidates as well as the waiting list candidates by e-mail as soon as possible after selection, by mid-June at the latest.
About the VLIR-UOS Training and Masters Scholarships
We award scholarships to students and professionals from a number of countries to study in Flanders as well as travel grants to Flemish/European students to do fieldwork/internships in one of the 31 scholarship countries in Africa, Asia or Latin America.
Key Dates and Order of Program
Applications for the VLIR-UOS Training and Masters Scholarships must be submitted before the deadline of March 1st, 2021
The selection commission of each ICP-programme will make a selection out of the eligible scholarship candidates. When making a selection they take into account a number of selection criteria:
- Motivation : it is essential that the motivation and professional goals of the candidate demonstrate the possibility of transferring knowledge/skills or creating extension activities and highlight themes relevant to sustainable development, which are also pertinent to the course. Not only academic results are important, but also and especially the potential of the candidate to become an “actor of change” in his/her home country after the study or training.
- Professional experience: preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate a higher possibility of implementing and/or transferring newly gained knowledge/skills upon return to the home country, preferably in a research institution, a higher education institution, the government sector (national/regional/local), the sector of social economy, or an NGO, thereby contributing to positive societal change.
- Gender : The selection committee aims at a relative balance between the number of male and female candidates that are awarded a VLIR-UOS scholarship. We strongly encourage female candidates to apply. You can read more on our gender policy here.
- Regional balance : The selection committee aims at selection scholarship holders from different countries and regions and tries to ensure that 50% of a programme’s scholarships are granted to candidates from Least Developed Countries or Other Low Income Countries, given that there are sufficient qualitative candidates.
- Social background : In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to candidates from a disadvantaged area within their country or an ethnic or social minority group.
- Previously awarded scholarship: preference is given to candidates who have never received a scholarship to study in a higher income country (bachelor or master).