If you are a young creative or climate advocate between the age of 15 to 29, sign up for the 2021 #SumItUp competition.
Spanning across 9 episodes, the competition allows contestants to participate via episodes best suited to them.
Share your innovations and ideas on climate action in this contest and stand a chance to attend and participate in the Youth4Climate: Driving Ambition event in a fullyfunded trip to Milan.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2021.
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
The contest will award the top three submissions,
- A platform to present their creative sum-up at the Youth4Climate: Driving Ambition Pre-COP event in Milan 2021.
- Full credit and recognition for their work.
In addition, finalists will have their work-
- Used as a learning tool to be included in Youth4ClimateLive website and shared with all the participants of Pre-COP26.
- Promoted on social media by the office of the UN Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth, Connect4Climate – World Bank Group, and the Italian Ministry for Environment, Land and Sea.
One finalist will emerge as the overall winner and will be the recipient of an all-inclusive trip to Milan to present their creative sum-up in person at Youth4Climate: Driving Ambition in Milan from September 28 to 30, 2021.
It should be duly noted that if the winner is below the age of 18, the winner will receive travel and accommodation aid for themselves and their guardian.
The contest is open to Youths:
- Between the ages of 15 and 29.
- That are creative and committed to climate advocacy.
N.B. Participants under 18 years of age must participate and make submissions with their legal guardian’s permission.
- Entrants are entitled to the ownership of their creative submissions and will be granted full credit on all promotion platforms.
- All proposed concepts must be original.
- Entrants must license/obtain the rights to use any elements in submissions that are not their original work.
- All participants must submit an individual entry through the registration link.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
To join the contest,
- Learn more about the program through Frequently Asked Questions.
- Sign up and attend or watch virtually the monthly #Youth4ClimateLive virtual events .
- Create a #SumItUp visual representation or video message that captures the essence, ideas, and outcomes of one of the #Youth4ClimateLive Series episodes of your choosing.
- Submit & share your ideas on social media using the hashtag #SumItUp.
To make a submission:
- Submit a Product: Either a
- Video summary on the key takeaways from one of the #Youth4ClimateLive episodes, or
- A visual infographic on the key takeaways from one of the #Youth4ClimateLive episodes.
Click here to see examples of an infographic.
- Ensure that your Submission is tailored to the following Format & Technology Specs:
- For infographics, photos, or other digital art, submit each page (if more than one) of your content as a high resolution file (at least 2048 by 2048 pixels) saved as a .jpeg or .png
- Videos should be no longer than 2 minutes with the following tech specs:
- Frame rate: 23.98, 25, or 29.97
- HD Resolution: 1920×1080 (horizontal) or 1080×1920 (vertical) or 1080×1080 (square)
- Preferred file types: .mov, .mp4
- All submissions should be in English Language.
- File name should bear the participant’s name. Submissions with more than one image should be numbered (ie. JaneGoodall1, JaneGoodall2, JaneGoodall3)
- Click here to download the Submission form.
About the #SumItUp Competition
Administered by the United Nations Office of the Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth, the SumItUp contest is an initiative that caters to young people and strengthens their resolve to exercise their right to freedom of expression.
The Reach Not Preach platform serves as a safe space for all young people to share their take on the topic of climate change.
The 2021 edition of the contest calls for young climate advocates who are committed to speaking up to use their creativity to present a unique visual infographic of what happened in one of the #Youth4ClimateLive Series episodes.
Key Dates and Order of Program
The deadline for the competition is March 31st, 2021.
The contest will run from August 28, 2020 to March 31, 2021.
Evaluation, judging and selection will take place at the end of the competition, and the three finalists and winner will be announced.
The #Youth4Climate: Driving Ambition event will take place in Milan, Italy.