If you’re an Egyptian national, seeking to earn a Master’s Degree in Development Practice from University of Minnesota, USA, this Fully-funded Egyptian Grant perfect plan for you.
Fully-funded for 2 years, with perks like insurance, the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Program 2020 is for graduate-level students who have the ideas, skills, and initiative to address the global challenges of sustainable development.
See below for details on how to get selected, deadline, eligibility, and how to apply.
Application Deadline: July 6, 2020
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
- The scholarship provides university fees, health insurance, educational materials, living allowance, and travel expenses.
- Study funding for a period of 2 years
In order to qualify,
- Applicants must be an Egypt national
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well-reputed academic institution in a related field of study
- Applicants must fulfill the entry requirements into the academic MDP program
- Applicants must demonstrate an excellent professional and academic track record
- Applicants must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills (extracurricular activities/community work/entrepreneurial initiative)
- Applicants must demonstrate an inability to finance studies from own resources
- While no specific experience or academic record is required, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs
- Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended
- English language proficiency is required. Valid TOEFL or IELTS exam scores with a minimum of 600 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based), 100 (internet-based, minimum 22 on each section), or 7 for the IELTS
- MDP accepts the Graduate Record Examination score (GRE). No specific score is required, however, Fall 2015 admitted students tested within average GRE Verbal Percentile: 68th and average GRE Quantitative Reasoning Percentile: 54th
The scholarship program requires that candidates have a record of:
- Completion of a 50-credit academic master’s program in 2 academic years;
- Completion of an 8-10 week mid-program summer field experience;
- Employment in the development sector in Egypt following graduation for no less than 2 consecutive years.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Applicants are required to submit two separate applications to the Sawiris Foundation and to the Humphrey School by their respective deadlines
- Scholarship application to be submitted to Newton Education Services, on behalf of SFSD.
For information about how to apply for the scholarship program, please click here
- Academic application to be submitted to the Humphrey School.
About the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Program
The Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Program is a fully-funded, full-time program for students seeking to earn a Master’s Degree in Development Practice (MDP) from the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota, USA.
The Master of Development Practice is a two-year degree providing graduate-level students with the skills and knowledge required to better identify and address the global challenges of sustainable development, such as poverty, population, health, conservation, climate change, and human rights.
With a mission to contribute to Egypt’s development, the program supports initiatives that encourage job creation through training, education, and access to microcredit.
The Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Program started in the academic year 2016-2017 and has to date offered 7 scholarships.
Key Dates, Review and Selection Process
In 2016; Mohamed Fouad received a Yosra Sawiris Yosra fellowship to study development practices from the Hubert Humphrey School of Public Policy at the University of Minnesota.
“Growing up in a low-income community, I promised myself never to forget what it was like to feel incapable financially. I learned first-hand that it takes more than hard work to escape poverty. It takes the opportunity. While I’m following my passion helping my people to conquer poverty, I found that development and social work would require a deep understanding of finance and how to manage it. Therefore, and for the sake of helping the poor pursuing their socio-economic welfare, I have been investing in promoting my knowledge and experience in both fields; finance and development, and my ultimate life goal is to end poverty through providing personal financial advisory services for deprived individuals around the globe” Mohamed Fouad – YLSS Alumni (2016- 2018)
The Yousriya-Loza Sawiris Scholarship program to pursue a Masters in Development Practice at The University of Minnesota.— Sawiris Foundation For Social Development (@SawirisFSD) June 4, 2020
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
or call/WhatsApp Newton Education Services at +2-0106 1455551 pic.twitter.com/AChIqRdOu0