Apply and join the 2020/2021 Fishbowl challenge, an intense 6-month business planning competition to compete in a contest of 25 Teams, 5 Finalists, and 1 Winner for a chance to win up to $50,000 cash prize.
Join the Olympics of an entrepreneurial contest where young adults work together and contribute to some of the most important issues in the world.
Bring your innovative ideas to battle and team up with college students from around the globe to solve the world’s most complex social and environmental problems.
Witness firsthand the different cultural, social, and geographic insights that will enable new solutions and provide a unique model for global collaboration and problem-solving.
When you win, you get to actualize your business ideas and implement a venture you believe in.
Read on for details on eligibility, how to apply, deadline, and all the perks.
Application Deadline: July 15, 2020
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
The winners will receive
- Up to $50,000 in prize money.
- The Grand Prize winners- TNT(Environmental protection) – get $30,000,
- The runners up- Scorpi(Health)-get $10,000,
- The runners up- The Imperishables(Economic empowerment & social justice)- get $10, 000
- Access to a supportive environment to develop and work on problem-solving through entrepreneurship
- Access to diverse leading experts, mentors, and academics.
- Firsthand access to an array of investors for funding to make your plans a reality
- A platform to work together with mutual minded people
- Work experience with a global team
- Essential skills set for a growing entrepreneur
- Access to a network of the brightest minds in the globe
The Fishbowl Challenge is open to:
- Undergraduate and postgraduate students enrolled in a university or those who have accepted admission into a university/college as of September 1, 2020.
- Anyone from anywhere in the world
- Applicants with good knowledge of the English language. It would be the primary language of use during the competition.
A recommendation will be required for each applicant.
- Applicants are required to submit the name and contact details of a recommender.
- Recommenders cannot be related to the applicants. Professional recommendations from applicant’s connections in high school, university, or any other projects embarked on
The Contest Process
- Join 4 peers to form a Fishbowl Team. Each team will have members physically present in at least 2 continents.
- Come up with an approach for better understanding and solving an important global issue chosen from any of the 5 focus areas.
- Develop a business plan to be presented in 3 increasing selective rounds in front of judges. You will be supported by mentors during this process.
- Winning teams will receive up to $50K in prize money to launch their business enterprise
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
About the Fishbowl Challenge Entrepreneurial Competition
Fishbowl is a fierce 6-month business planning competition where teams from around the world compete for a fully-funded summer to pursue their venture and for a shot at seed funding while receiving feedback from mentors and judges along the way.
The Fishbowl Challenge brings college students from around the world together to solve the world’s most complex social and environmental problems
Founded by Tom Siegeland, Fishbowl aims to give students the opportunity to come together from different parts of the world and varying backgrounds to bring their ideas to life.
The 2020 edition of the Fishbowl Challenge is centered on discussions in these five categories :
- Economic empowerment and social justice
- Environmental protection
- Renewable and accessible energy
The Fishbowl Challenge is about bringing the world closer by connecting young people around the world and helping them launch their ideas for changing the world for the better.
Key Dates and Order of Program
- 8th June – 15th July: Submission of applications
- Applicants must submit their applications by July 15th, 2020.
- Recommenders must submit recommendations by July 30th, 2020.
- 24th August – 18th September:
Applicants who get selected are notified, accepted into the challenge, paired with a project team, and get matched with a team mentor.
- 19th September – 23rd October :
The first round commences. Teams submit their business plans and receive feedback from judges.
- 1st November – 1st January:
The second round commences. Teams present their business plans via a live video conference in front of a panel of judges.
- 6th January- 26th February:
The third round commences. Teams travel to a European city to present the final version of their business plan in front of judges. If given the offer for the Summer stipend, decide on the spot to accept.
- 6th MARCH
The winners receive up to $50,000 in prize money to bring their ventures to life
Application entries will be reviewed and 100 candidates will be selected.
The selected candidates will be invited to go through a team formation process which will involve a paring process based on mutual interest.
Teams will then begin the first round of the project which is a problem statement, ideation, and initial business plan process.
The competition will take place online and at least 2 representatives of each team will make an appearance in a European city in the third round of the contest.
The Fishbowl Challenge 2019 Edition
The Imperishables proposed a solution to the post-harvest loss of crops in Africa, with Nigeria as a pilot. The shelf life of crops will be extended by establishing collection centers, installing solar dryers, and supplying to the domestic and international markets.
Team Scopi- Anna von Wendorff, Daniel d’Olimpio, Matthew Chan, Sonia Garcia
Scopi identified the need for a low-cost way to diagnose speech disorders in developed countries. The 2019 Fishbowl Challenge brought together 21 teams that worked to create solutions to global problems. 3 months of intense competition, 2 selection rounds, and numerous collaborative idea iterations later, 4 phenomenal teams were selected to compete in the finals. The teams won $50,000 to develop their ventures even further and made them a reality
Team After Energy: Lizzie Cruz, Collins Ohagwu, Dennis Nyarko, Lawrence Rufino, Nametso Moumakwa
After Energy addressed the problem of high fish feed costs and unsustainable waste management in Ghana. Their solution is a Biowaste Treatment facility that would transform organic waste into fish feed.
The Imperishables: Amin Gafaru, Bintu Bangura, Forget Shareka, Kennedy Okello, Patrick Agyei
Their solution was a modern and affordable diagnostic equipment, design for improved diagnosis in patients.
Team TNT: Abdullah Juma, Ayomide Fagboyo, Bwambale Joash, Schuyler Rowan
TNT is focused on reducing the impact that water for agriculture has on climate change. To solve this environmental problem, they are developing a smart Irrigation control unit that is climate Smart and precisely applies water to crops in the required amounts and at the right time.