Submit an application for the Mondial 2nd Annual SanTech Hackathon 2021, in order to be eligible for the cash prizes worth up to €7,000.
The programme equally offers you a chance to show your innovative skills in the field.
Application Deadline: May 30 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
As winners you will win prize money and chance to implement your innovation on the field.
- First prize: €3,000 + implementation of your solution in one of the FINISH Mondial countries
- Second prize: €2,000
- Third prize: €1,000
- Audience favourite (live voting during virtual event): €1,000
- We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates.
- You can apply as an individual or as part of the group (Research institution, academic institution, NGO, or entrepreneur).
- Participants with technical experience on toilet construction are encouraged to apply.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Prepare your application with:
- The application form (Annex 1)
- Supporting materials including:
- 2 videos (landscape format) of: 60 seconds footage of your innovation in action and 60 seconds interview style explaining how the innovation works.
- 3 photos
- Submit your application and supporting materials (before 30 April) at this link.
Let us know you completed the application! Follow FINISH Mondial on social media and tag us in a post with #FINISHMondial and why we need to come together to address the #floodprooftoilet.
About theFinish Mondial 2nd Annual SanTech Hackathon
Financial Inclusion Improves Sanitation & Health (FINISH) Mondial (FM) is an ambitious, 6-country programme aiming to substantially scale up the access and use of safe sanitation led by Dutch NGOs, WASTE, Amref Flying Doctors & Aqua for All, funded in part by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands (DGIS).
The FINISH started in India (2009) with the aim of building a local system to deliver sanitation services on a large scale. The programme ensures that people are aware of the need for a safe and durable toilet, people want to buy one, it is built and safely managed by local people and is affordable.
The FINISH Mondial is on track to construct 2 million improved sanitation systems, benefitting 10 million people and creating at least 16 million workdays in construction alone.
Key Dates and Order of Program
Deadline for submission is May 30 2021.
Live virtual event and winners announcement : 21 July 2021
Panels will select finalists and winners based on:
- How novel is your idea? (20% of score)
- How does your idea address the challenge? Is your idea appropriate for the high ground water table and flood-prone areas? (40% of score)
- How technically feasible is your design, and how easy it would be to implement and scale? (20% of score)
- How cost-effective is your idea? (20% of score)
After the deadline, the TWG selection panel will review submissions to select 8 finalists. A jury of international experts will then select the winners, to be announced in a live virtual event.