Sign up for the Facebook reality Labs Liquid Crystal Research Awards to be a part of the future of virtual and augmented reality.
Be part of the generation that unlocks the possibilities of LC technology in the AR/VR field. Take advantage of a research award that helps you reach your research goals.
You could get up to $11,000 in awards when you help develop the technologies needed to enable breakthroughs in AR glasses and VR headsets.
See below for details on application method, benefits, deadline, and eligibility
Application Deadline: 11:59 PM (PDT) July 1, 2020
Open the Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
The awards presented to successful applicants include:
- One Diamond Award of $5000
- Two Platinum Awards of $3500
- Three Gold Awards of $2500
- Applicants must either be a graduate student currently enrolled in a Master’s or Ph.D.program, or a postdoc in an academic research group who graduated within three years from the application date.
- Applicants must have an evidenced record of achieving significant results, proven by first-authored publications in leading research journals, or relevant conference presentations organized by ILCS, SID, OSA, SPIE, IEEE, or similar.
- Current Facebook employees, including STE, FTEs, interns, or contingent workers are not eligible for this award.
This award is susceptible to related US and international laws, regulations, and policies.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
To apply, applicants are to submit the following through the link below:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV; required): A CV that lists your research projects and publications clearly explaining the significance of your research for AR/VR application and the quality of your results.
- Cover letter (required): Include a cover letter detailing who you are, your research experience and passion, the connection between your research in liquid crystal and the AR/VR field, and how this award will help you pursue your research goal.
- Previous publications in the AR/VR field (required): Along with your application, please submit at least one full paper of your previous first-authored publications which can demonstrate the quality of your work in the intersection area between liquid crystal technology and the AR/VR field.
- Recommendation letter (optional): At least one recommendation letter is preferred, but not required, along with your application. The recommendation letter could come from your professor or your collaborators
About the Facebook Reality Labs Liquid Crystal Research Awards
Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) is in the event of assembling a world-class team of researchers, developers, and engineers to create a great new world of virtual and augmented reality, which combined will become as accessible, attainable and vital as smartphones and personal computers are today.
This program focuses on technologies needed to make a breakthrough in AR glasses and VR headsets, including optics and displays, computer vision, audio, graphics, brain-computer interface, haptic interaction, eye/hand/face/body tracking, perception science, and true telepresence.
Liquid Crystal (LC) research is one of several research areas in the AR and VR Optics and Display group in FRL. The goal of LC research is to develop advanced LC optics and display technologies and to integrate them with existing and emerging AR/VR optical and display solutions. It aims to provide better user experience, enable breakthroughs in the AR/VR optical design space, and help pave the way to AR glasses and next-generation VR headsets.
Key Dates, Review, and Selection
The deadline to apply is July 1, 2020, at 11:59 PM PST.
Applicants knowledgeable in the liquid crystal field and in other cross-disciplinary fields are reviewed against a background of passion, the quality of their previous research works, and the duration of the experience.
Awards notifications will be sent by email to award winners by September 1, 2020.