Nominate outstanding individuals and research teams from Africa and Europe that have made significant achievements in their research field for the biennial EDCTP Prizes to give them a chance to be recognized and celebrated globally.
Successful awardees will also receive cash prizes to be put to further use in their cause for change.
Application Deadline: October 30, 2020.
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
EDCTP will award four prestigious international prizes to deserving Nominees, in the promotion of scientific research, improved health and Africa-European collaboration.
The Prizes are:
- Scientific Leadership Prize – €10,000: Awarded to excellent world-class scientists in sub-Saharan Africa up to 50 years of age working on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and neglected infectious diseases (NIDS) in the scope of the EDCTP2 program.
- Outstanding Female Scientist Prize – €20,000: Awarded to excellent world-class female scientists in sub-Saharan Africa and working in the scope of the EDCTP2 program.
- Outstanding Research Team Prize – €50,000: Awarded to outstanding research teams in sub-Saharan Africa and Europe working on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and neglected infectious diseases (NIDS) in the scope of the EDCTP2 program.
- Dr Pascoal Mocumbi Prize – €50,000: Named after Dr Pascoal Mocumbi, the first High Representative of EDCTP A, this award will be presented to senior scientists, policy-makers or advocates for health and research, from anywhere in the world.
The criteria for eligibility for nomination include:
- Nomination for the first three prizes (Scientific Leadership Prize, Outstanding Female Scientist Prize, and Outstanding Research Team Prize) is open to residents of a sub-Saharan African country, an EU Member State, or a country associated with the Horizon 2020 program.
- Nomination for the Dr Pascoal Mocumbi Prize is open to contestants from all over the world.
However, special rules may apply for entrants from certain countries.
- The nomination of contestants who are currently employees of the EDCTP Association or serving on one of the EDCTP Association advisory (Scientific Advisory Committee and Audit Committee) or governing (General Assembly and Board) bodies will not be permitted for any of the prizes.
- Nominees that have already received an EDCTP2 prize cannot receive a second prize for the same activities.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
- Joint applications by a group of participants will be considered.
- In this case, the participants must appoint a ‘lead participant’ to represent them. The participants will be jointly responsible and must all fulfil and respect the conditions set out in these Rules of Contest.
- Applications must be submitted by the (lead) participant via firstname.lastname@example.org, unless otherwise specified.
- All applications must be readable, accessible and printable.
Incomplete applications may be considered inadmissible if essential elements are missing.
- Download all contest information here.
- Download the Nomination form for the Scientific Leadership Prize here
- Download the Nomination form for the Outstanding Female Scientist Prize here .
- Download the Nomination form for the Outstanding Research Team Prize here.
- Download the Nomination form for the Dr Pascoal Mocumbi Prize here.
- Nominations must be submitted on the appropriate form via email@example.com
About the European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) Prizes
The EDCTP Prizes is a biennial program centered on recognizing and celebrating outstanding individuals and research teams from Africa and Europe who have made significant achievements in their research field.
The Prizes are part of the EDCTP program supported by the European Union under Horizon 2020, it’s Framework Program for Research & Innovation.
Key Dates and Order of Program
Nominations must be submitted by Thursday 29 October 2020 at 17:00 CET.
Successful awardees will have made major contributions to strengthening clinical research capacity in Africa and supporting South-South and North-South networking.
Prize winners will be notified in advance of the Tenth EDCTP Forum.
The Prizes will be awarded in a ceremony at the tenth EDCTP Forum which will take place in Maputo, Mozambique.