Are you 18 to 30 years old and passionate about youth empowerment and participation? Or you have ideas about how the European Union (EU) can integrate better the needs and issues faced by young people in their international partnerships? Then you should apply for the Youth Sounding Board for International Partnerships 2021.
The Youth Sounding Board is a space for young people to have an influence on EU external action and international partnerships. The selected board members will thereby contribute to make EU action more participatory, relevant and effective for young people in EU partner countries.
Application Deadline: April 26, 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
Although this opportunity is unpaid, travel and other related expenses will be covered.
The opportunity is open to :
- Open to young people from Africa, the Middle East, Asia, the Pacific and Latin America and the Caribbean as well as Europe
- People between 18 to 30 years.
Requirements/Specifications/Terms and Conditions
- Be passionate about youth empowerment and participation
- Have a good understanding of English
- Hold the nationality of or be a resident in one of the eligible countries. Please find the list of eligible countries listed here.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
About the European Commission Youth Sounding Board
Youth empowerment is a top priority for EU Commissioner for International Partnerships, Jutta Urpilainen, and the EU believes that young people must be involved in shaping and implementing its external action. The Youth Sounding Board aims to create a real, fundamental, long-lasting change in how the EU engages with young people in its development cooperation
Key Dates and Order of Program
- The deadline for application is Monday. 26 April 2021, 23:59 CET.
- The Youth Sounding Board members will commit for two years, for about 15 days a year.
- All candidates will be informed of the outcome of the first stage (shortlist) of the application by 18 May 2021 and whether or not they have been shortlisted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews between 31st May – 11th June 2021.
- All shortlisted candidates will be informed of the final results by 15 June 2021.
- First (virtual) meeting of the YSB: summer 2021
The participants will be connected online. At least four meetings will take place every year – virtually and, when the situation allows, in-person in Brussels.