Apply for the ETH Zurich Engineering for Development (E4D) Doctoral scholarship programme 2021, and have your doctoral degree funded with a grant of 175,000CHF. The scholarship offers you a platform for education and research at no extra cost.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
The grant sum is 175’000 CHF to cover the salary costs of the doctoral students for three years.
- The general entrance requirements for doctoral studies at the ETH Zurich1 and the respective department must be fulfilled.
- Experience in the selected research area is required.
- Preference will be given to citizens of Least Developed Countries and Low-Income Countries according to the OECD DAC-2021 list classification2 (soft factor).
- The doctoral supervisor must be an ETH professor and must have a guaranteed ETH position for the entire duration of the proposed project.
- It is expected that the ETH Zurich professor supports the candidate in elaborating the full proposal, if the concept note should be selected, and to supervise the candidate, if the full proposal is selected for funding.
- The supervisor confirms their commitment to the project by a letter of support, indicating their contribution to the project in cash or kind.
The research project
- The research topic is within the thematic scope of ETH Zurich.
- The proposal is a new doctoral project, not complementary funding to an on-going research.
- Subject of the proposed research is the development of methods, technologies, tools or products, which generate a direct impact for underprivileged people in low-income countries.
- The ecological, socio-economic and cultural context is taken into account.
- The expected impact of the research is high for the intended target group.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Application Documentation comprises of:
Completed Concept Note Application Form (DOCX, 38 KB) along with the following compulsory annexes:
CV of the candidate
- Excellent MSc degree from a recognised university and grade transcripts
- Support letter of the supervising professor at ETH Zurich
- 2 reference letters from your field of research
- Relevant own publications or documentation of relevant activities relating to the project
- Names and contacts of 5 independent external reviewers
Please submit your application in one single pdf to email@example.com.
About the ETH Zurich Engineering for Development (E4D) Doctoral scholarship programme
The goal of the Engineering for Development (E4D) Programme is to promote research and education for the benefit of underprivileged people in low-income countries.
The E4D Programme is generously funded through the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation. The current programme phase runs from 2019 to 2023.
Key Dates and Order of Program
Deadline for submission of application is 30th April 2021
The current programme runs from 2019 to 2023.
Only candidates with the support of an ETH professor are eligible to apply. Applications submitted without the letter of support will not be considered.
It is a doctoral programme to run at the ETH Zurich.
The three newest E4D Doctoral Fellows are:
- Sergio Reyes Arriagada from Chile.
- Frank Odhiambo from Kenya
- Prabhat Joshi from Nepal.