Sign up for the Eliza Moore Fellowship for Artistic Excellence 2021 if you are an artist interested in contributing to a deeper understanding of the natural world and humankind’s place in it.
Open to applications from visual artists, literary artists, dancers, and musicians, the 2021 Eliza Moore Fellowship will award the selected fellow a $10,000 grant and a 2-to-4-week stay at Oak Spring to develop new works that address plants, gardens, or landscapes.
Application Deadline: August 12, 2020
Open the Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
The fellowship award includes
- An individual grant of $10,000
- A 2-to-4-week stay at Oak Spring
- Residential access to a well-furnished accommodation that includes a private bedroom and bathroom, and a shared living room and kitchen for the duration of the fellowship.
- Access to the Oak Spring exquisite book library that holds over 19,000 objects, including many examples of botanical art.
- Access to explore the Oak Spring 700-acre landscape
- Sufficient time and space for fellows to work independently on their projects during their stay.
The Eliza Moore Fellowship for Artistic Excellence is open to
- Visual artists, literary artists, dancers, and musicians.
- Early-career artists not enrolled in an undergraduate degree program in 2021.
- Applicants must be self-directed and able to work independently while on site.
- Applicants are expected to show dedication to their artistic practice, clear connection to the natural world in their work, exceptional promise, and good communication skills.
- During their time at Oak Spring, the fellow will give a 45-minute presentation with time for questions, to Oak Spring staff and any other fellows or residents who might be on site.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
- Applicants must submit the following:
- A resume/curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages),
- A 200 – 300-word statement on their artistic practice,
- A statement of 200 – 300 words stating how their work relates to Oak Spring Garden Foundation’s mission to “perpetuate and share the gifts of Rachel (“Bunny”) Lambert Mellon, including her residence, garden, estate, and the Oak Spring Garden Library, to serve the public interest”
- 5 images or videos of work that best convey your current artistic interests; images or other media must include the year of creation, title, dimensions, and medium.
- Click here to apply
About the Eliza Moore Fellowship for Artistic Excellence
Launched by the Oak Spring Garden Foundation, the Eliza Moore Fellowship for Artistic Excellence is an annual fellowship awarded to one outstanding, start-up artist who is developing new works that address plants, gardens, or landscapes.
The Oak Spring Garden Foundation is dedicated to inspiring and facilitating scholarship and public dialogue on the history and future of plants, including the culture of gardens and landscapes and the importance of plants for human well-being
Key Dates and Order of Program
The deadline for applying for the 2021 Eliza Moore Fellowship for Artistic Excellence is August 12, 2020
Applications will be evaluated by a jury of established artists and arts administrators to select the 2021 Oak Spring Garden Foundation Eliza Moore Fellow.
The selected Fellow should make travel arrangements to Dulles International Airport, where Oak Spring will arrange transportation for them to their estate in Upperville, VA.