Submit a project in animation and immersive experience as an African creative in the Digital Lab Africa 2021, and be among the few to benefit from the online incubation program which includes online mentorship, workshops, and other insightful online events.
Application Deadline: April 4 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
Selected applicants are granted with a Digital Lab Africa online incubation program (as per the category) to fast track the development of their respective project. The online incubation and mentorship programs combine group and individual sessions that will help DLA#5 laureates to work on identified needs, and strengthen their projects to fast-track its development. It includes:
- Online mentorship & coaching by French and Sub-Saharan African experts
- Online workshops organised by key players of the digital creative industry
- Participation to online industry events
- Any creatives and cultural entrepreneurs from sub saharan African countries can apply and get the chance to take part in the DLA#5 mentorship and incubation online program.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
To apply for phase 1 (animation and immersive experience):
2 – Email the following application documents (in French or in English) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pitch deck / Presentation document (PDF, PowerPoint or Word) including:
– Spec treatment
– Director’s statement
– Target audience and strategy
– Technical information >Animation: what animation technic / techniques is/are used and why.
> XR: What technology/technologies is/are used and why.
Graphic / Visual elements
- Any preview, pilot or video demo of the project (if available)
- A short video pitch [2 to 3 min] explaining your concept and why you want to be part of the DLA Mentorship & Incubation program
A cover letter explaining why you want to take part in the DLA program
A resume/curriculum vitae of the applicant and/or description of the company represented
picture (.jpeg) of the applicant.
About the Digital Lab Africa
Digital Lab Africa (DLA) is the first platform dedicated to creative content linked with innovation in Africa. Led and managed by Wits University’s Tshimologong Digital Innovation Precinct, it is supported by AFD (Agence Française de Développement). The very idea of DLA is to incubate emerging creative talent by offering them a springboard to fast track their projects with the support and expertise of DLA ecosystem in France and in Sub-Saharan African countries.
The Pan African accelerator focuses on 5 key categories: Immersive Experience, Video Games, Music, Animation and Digital Art. The programme initiated five years ago by the French Institute in South Africa (IFAS) counts SACEM, TRACE, TV5 Monde Afrique, the French Embassy in Nigeria, as well as IFAS, amongst others, as partners. Applications for the animation and immersive experience (XR) categories are now open and close on 4 April, while applications for video, digital art, and music categories can be submitted between 17 May and 11 July.