Are you a young journalist between the ages of 18 and 35 in South America?
Then apply for the Climate Tracker for the ‘Defenders of the Territory’ project 2021 and be lucky enough to receive a payment of up to 350 euros upon completion and submission of the project. As well as, training sessions and editorial support to assist you in becoming a better journalist.
Application Deadline: April 22, 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
If you are selected to participate,
- you will receive a payment of 350 euros for the completion of the article.
- One Month of training in reporting with a focus on human rights, investigative journalism, climate Journalism and access to justice in Latin America.
- Along with editorial support that aims to provide you with all the necessary tools to carry out quality work, which helps to make the situation of environmental defenders visible and of which you can be proud.
- This is an open opportunity for all young journalists residing in Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Venezuela, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay, between 18 and 35 years old.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
- To apply, you must go to our application website, create your account, click on ‘Competition’ and answer the two questions that will be presented to you. There, the space will be displayed to enter a link with your article proposal, using this specific format . Please make a copy of the application document, fill it in with the details of the story you want to tell and share it as a free access link.
Enter our App and attach the following information:
- A proposal / pitch for an article to be developed.
- Your CV.
- Links to recently published articles, in any format. You can send the file if it is not published.
* Important: We will not accept proposals that do not respect the established format.
About the "Defenders of the Territory" Project
Climate Tracker (CT) is an international non-profit organization, aiming to support, train and incentivise better climate journalism globally. We believe in the power of journalism, but recognise that many young journalists don’t have the training, resources or support to identify and tell the climate stories they want to. We also recognise that this challenge is often greatest in the countries hardest hit by climate change.
Key Dates and Order of Program
Deadline for application is April 22 2021.
We will select 12 journalists in total for this project, respecting regional and gender representation in the final selection.
This project will run between April and September 2021 and does not require exclusive dedication.