Take the next step in your academic journey and apply for the 2021 DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship for Graduates Program (Master’s Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance – PPGG) to obtain your master’s degree with tuition fees covered.
Here’s your chance to obtain a master’s degree in a relevant discipline and in turn use the knowledge and expertise acquired in the opportunity to provide solutions to local challenges in your home countries.
If you are selected, you will get to study at a University in Germany, the tuition fees for the duration of your study will be covered with perks like allowances and insurance added.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2020
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
DAAD-scholarship holders within the Helmut-Schmidt-Programme are exempted from tuition fees. The scholarship holders are also provided:
- Monthly scholarship funding of €850 for masters study at eligible German institutions of higher education.
- Health insurance in Germany
- Travel allowance
- Study and Research subsidy
- Subsidized monthly rent
- Children/Spousal allowance where necessary
- A 6-months-German language course from April 2021 up to the end of September 2021.
(Mandatory for those who were taught in English)
- Access to diverse networking events
- Special tutoring at their host institutions funded by DAAD.
The program is open to
- Graduates from selected developing countries specialized in disciplines of social sciences, political sciences, law, economics, and public administration.
- Highly qualified graduates who hold a first honors degree (bachelor or equivalent) with a passion to change things for the better in their home countries.
- Young graduates without prior professional experience and mid-level professionals.
- Qualified applicants who haven’t stayed in Germany for more than 15 months at the time of the application deadline
Terms and Conditions
- During the online semester in your home country or another developing country, DAAD provides a sur-place-rate of 500 EUR.
- Allowances for spouses and/or children are not applicable, as far as the program includes study-phases in Germany and in your home country.
Specifications and Requirements
- Applicants are required to have a university degree above average level (upper third)
- Applicants are required to possess relevant language skills required by their host university
- Applicants must have political and social engagement
- Applicant’s most recent university degree should be obtained in the last six years prior to the application for the scholarship.
- Applicants are expected to fulfill all additional requirements relevant to selected master´s courses.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
You are expected to attach the following documents to your application:
- DAAD Application form for Research Grants and Study Scholarships (hand-signed, but electronically edited)
- Hand-signed and dated letter of motivation(one single letter for both universities) containing a precise description of the applicants’ academic/professional and personal reasons for choosing those masters programs and universities (two pages maximum)
- Hand-signed, dated and detailed curriculum vitae including information about your exact field of study, your political and social engagement and, if available, description of job experience
- A copy of acquired Academic Degrees (certified translation if necessary, attach an explanation of the grading system relevant to the institution and region)
- Copy of the transcript of records (certified translation if necessary)
- Language certificates (German and/or English)
- One letter of recommendation, signed and dated by your university professor or current employer, supplemented by an official letterhead, and stamp (not in a sealed envelope)
- Expected inputs on return to the home country or region
- Certifications and proof of employment to support relevant professional experience claimed in your CV
- Ensure that you’re a national of an eligible country here
- All applications must be submitted in German or English.
- Indicate that the scholarship program you are applying for is the DAAD Helmut-SchmidtProgramme (Master’s scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance). Applicants can apply for up to 2 listed master`s courses .
- Fill in the DAAD Application form for Research Grants and Study Scholarships (annex 2) only once making clear which study course is your first and which is your second priority.
- Write a single letter of motivation for both university courses you choose, justifying your first and second priority choice.
- Submit the DAAD scholarship form together with the letter of motivation and attach the documents listed above to the 2 universities of your choice. (Do NOT send it to DAAD.)
- Click here to apply.
About DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme
Founded in 1925, the Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (The DAAD) Helmut-Schmidt-Program is an initiative designed to support the good governance and civil society structures in selected partner countries and regions.
The program focuses on giving future leaders in diverse fields access to quality education to prepare them in a practice-oriented course for their professional life.
The DAAD gives graduates with an outstanding university degree, the chance to pursue and obtain further certification in disciplines that are of special relevance to the social, political, and economic development of their home country.
The program, which is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office, offers the chance to acquire a Master’s degree in Master programs of particular relevance for the social, political, and economic development in the students’ countries of origin.
Since its inception, up to 2 million scholars in Germany and abroad have received DAAD funding.
In 2019, the DAAD sponsored over 145, 000 German. and international scholars globally.
Key Dates and Order of Program
The deadline for applying to the program is July 31, 2020
For selected candidates, the study program should start September/October 2021
All applications are reviewed by a board of DAAD trustees
Selections are made based on applicants’ qualifications, expectations, and evidenced service provided to their home country/region.