If you are an African national, sign up now to collaborate with the DAAD climapAfrica program to foster application-oriented research results to address climate change in southern and western Africa.
Selected fellows in the program will participate in funded postdoctoral research projects that will provide much-needed solutions to urgent climate issues, in a joint effort with experts and other postdoctoral fellows while receiving allowances and other incentives.
Application Deadline: September 14, 2020
Open the Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
Benefits associated with the fellowship include:
- A round-trip travel fare to the fellow’s intended country and back.
- A research grant of maximum EUR10,000.
- A monthly allowance of EUR 800.
- Medical insurance.
- Other provisions granted by the Fellowship but subject to availability of funds include:
- Short-term research stays in Germany (2 to 6 months).
- Mobility fellowships for active participation in relevant international conferences in the field of climate change/ climate Research.
To be eligible for this fellowship,
- Applicants must be citizens of an African Country.
- Applicants must be willing to contribute to the initiation and the coordination of alumni working groups.
- Applicants must be interested in setting up their projects at a host institution in western or southern Africa.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
About the DAAD climapAfrica PostDoc Fellowship
The DAAD climapAfrica program in a collaborative effort with the climate competence centers SASSCAL and WASCAL launched the DAAD climapAfrica PostDoc Fellowship to gather the best minds and talents to tackle climate change issues in southern and western Africa.
The program funds postdoctoral research projects and fosters a network of collaborative working groups comprising of postdoctoral fellows and African alumni to address issues central to climate research
Old and New fellows will work closely to promote research impact and output through a variety of quality training and support programs.
Key Dates and Order of Program
The deadline for applying is 14th of September, 2020
Applications will be evaluated by an independent selection committee consisting of experts in related fields.
The performance-based assessment will consider:
- The evaluation of the proposal: Particular emphasis will be placed on the quality of the research plan. It should detail the preliminary work undertaken and the relevance of the topic for research and explain why the chosen institutions are especially suitable for the realization of the planned project. The strategy for the investigation of the scientific problem should be readily understandable, and the choice of methods and work equipment be adequately established. The achievements of the applicant to date (scientific and other qualifications, and particular conditions which have influenced the academic progress)
- The quality of the proposed project and its consistency with further scientific qualification and long-term career planning.
- The relevance of the research topic for the understanding of climate change, its impacts in Africa, and the development of countermeasures.
- The suitability of the facilities and the support offered by the host institution and the requirements of the research project.
- The coherence of the applicant’s ideas to start an alumni working group and to accompany its activities.