Nominate yourself or someone you know for the 2021 Commonwealth youth awards to win titles and monetary grants.
For exceptional young leaders from across the 54 Commonwealth countries, the awards will recognize and reward young people whose work has made a major impact on people and communities in their country.
Application Deadline: October 21, 2020.
Open the Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
The following benefits will be enjoyed by the beneficiaries of the awards:
- 20 finalists will each receive
- A trophy
- A certificate
- £1,000 in cash
- 5 regional winners will be selected from the 20, and awarded
- An additional £2,000(a total of £3,000 each)
- A trophy and
- A certificate.
- The Pan Commonwealth Winner (overall winner) will receive
- An additional £2000 (a total of £5,000)
- A trophy and a certificate
- The title of Commonwealth Young Person of the Year 2021.
To be eligible for nomination, the nominee must:
- Be a Commonwealth citizen
- Be aged between 15 to 29 years
- Have been invested in development work for at least 12 months as a professional or volunteer in a Commonwealth member country
- Display a strong track record of implementing impactful development work and contribute to one of the 17 sustainable development goals.
- The winners must be willing to take part in publicity generated by the Commonwealth.
- Nominees from across the 54 Commonwealth countries can enter five regional categories:
- Europe and Canada
- Youths who will receive this award must display tangible impact through their development work.
- Self-nominations as well as nominations by other people who can accurately describe the nominee’s development work are allowed.
- This year’s award edition features special recognition for young people who have made worthy efforts to battle development challenges created by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
About Commonwealth Youth Awards for Excellence in Development Work
The Commonwealth works with youth leaders to reinforce young people and enhance their contribution to development.
In ensuring that the inputs of young people and their individual potentials are recognized and empowered, the Commonwealth Youth Awards for Excellence in Development Work is focused on raising the profile of young people and highlighting the contribution they are making towards developing a positively changed future for the Commonwealth.
By providing global recognition and support to exceptional youths who have shown young people’s capacity to make positive contributions to their society and the world at large, the Commonwealth Youth Awards grants young people a wide platform to flaunt their ideas, solutions and innovations.
Also, for support provided in the pandemic, the Commonwealth Youth Awards will shine a special light on Youths who have made outstanding efforts to combat issues created by the COVID-19.
Key Dates and Order of Program
All nominations must be submitted by 23:59 GMT on 21 October 2020.
A pan-Commonwealth panel will evaluate the entries based on the following criteria:
- Level of Impact
- Level of innovation/fresh approaches to problem solving
- Quality of achievement
- Quality of the evidence provided
20 finalists will be shortlisted by the judges for the first set of awards.
Afterward, five finalists per Commonwealth region will be selected.
The top entry will receive the Regional Winner Award, and the overall top regional winner will receive the Pan Commonwealth Award and be named the Commonwealth Young Person of the Year 2021.
Winners will be officially announced during the Commonwealth Week in March 2021.