Are you a citizen of a developing Commonwealth country interested in getting a master’s degree via distance learning in the UK? Then you should apply for the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships 2021/2022
The Scholarships are offered for citizens of certain developing Commonwealth countries. These scholarships are fully funded by the UK Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO).
Application Deadline: 26 April 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
Successful applicants get fully funded scholarships for distance learning to schools of their choice.
The scholarship is open to applicants who:
- Are citizens of/have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country/be a British Protected Person
- Are permanent residents in an eligible Commonwealth country.
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard.
N.B: A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases.
- Are unable to afford to study the programme without the scholarship.
Terms and Conditions
- You must apply and secure admission to study a master’s course at a UK university that is participating in the Distance Learning scheme.
Here’s a full list of participating universities and eligible courses.
- You can apply for more than one course and/or to more than one university, but you may only accept one offer of a Distance Learning Scholarship.
- The CSC will not accept supporting documentation submitted outside the online application system.
- Supporting documentation uploaded to the online application system must be uploaded as files that are no more than 5 MB in size and must be in one of the following formats: PDF, .doc, .docx, .odt, .jpg, .jpeg.
- Files submitted in any other format (including Zip files and PDF Portfolios) will NOT be accepted.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Your application should include the following documents for your application to be eligible for consideration:
- At least one reference- submitted directly by the referee to the online application system (referees will be sent an email request)
- An offer letter to start your chosen course study in the 2021-2022 academic year uploaded to the online application system
- Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications (with certified translations if not in English)
Click here to apply
About the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are offered for citizens of certain developing Commonwealth countries. These scholarships are funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), with the aim of contributing to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, supporting excellence in UK higher education, and sustaining the principles of the Commonwealth
Key Dates and Order of Program
All applications must be submitted by midday 17:00 PM (BST) on 26 April 2021
Universities will forward their selected candidates to the CSC by 28th May 2021.
The CSC will then confirm that these candidates meet the eligibility criteria for this scheme and universities will inform candidates of their results by July 2021.
Each participating UK university will conduct its own recruitment process to select a specified number of candidates for Distance Learning Scholarships.
These scholarships are offered under six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, Inclusion and opportunity
Learning will take place online.