Sign up for the 2021 Clinton Global Initiative University Program for a chance to receive aid that will help you to take action in your community to address pressing challenges.
Open to undergraduate and graduate students across the world who are interested in enforcing positive change, the program will provide support to selected candidates in the areas of education, environment and climate change, peace and human rights, poverty alleviation, and public health.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2021.
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
Students accepted into CGI U will
- Participate in a year-round program that includes access to:
- high-touch mentorship
- a social impact curriculum
- funding streams
- student engagement events, including the CGI U 2021 virtual annual meeting hosted by Howard University.
- Additional programming will also be offered to students through
- partnerships with the Peter G. Peterson Foundation, with a focus on civic issues and fiscal sustainability;
- IBM to help students develop app-based projects that address COVID-19 and climate change through Call for Code; and
- Verizon to help students develop innovative technology solutions to pressing domestic issues, with the opportunity to win a spot in an accelerator program and pitch for seed funding.
Individuals who are eligible to apply to the CGI U Class of 2021 must at the time of application-
- Have never previously been accepted to CGI U.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be currently enrolled in an institution of higher learning.
- Submit only one Commitment to Action; duplicate applications will not be considered.
- To complete the CGI U program and become eligible for CGI U’s Commitment-Maker seal, letters of recommendation and other opportunities, students must complete the following over the course of the 2021 program:
- Participation in one, hour-long small group discussion per module (4 in total) (to be scheduled by Commitment Mentors)
- Review of CGI U’s 30-minute webinar recordings and readings, which will be housed on the online platform, and completion of all accompanying exercises
- Completion of one 30-minute individual coaching session with their Commitment Mentor per module (4 in total)
- Completion of Commitment to Action progress report
- Submitting a Competitive Application
- To be considered for CGI U, students must apply with-
- A Commitment to Action: a new, specific, and measurable initiative that addresses a pressing challenge.
- Topics: Learn about CGI U’s Focus Areas and Keywords to determine the scope of your commitment.
- Development: Use the initiative’s Commitment to Action Toolkit to design a thoughtful social impact project.
- Preparation: Utilize the Application Preview to draft your application answers before submitting them online.
- Webinar: Join an application information webinar to have a better understanding of the CGI U 2021 application process.
- Motivation: Emphasize in your application how you are connected to the problem you are trying to solve.
- Accepted students are required to attend and fully participate in all online module activities.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
To apply for the 2021 CGI U program,
- Click here.
- For applicants with a disability and need for a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the selection process, please contact the CGI U team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here to nominate a student you know who would make an excellent candidate for this opportunity.
About the Clinton Global Initiative University Program
The Clinton Global Initiative University Program seeks to support higher education student leaders who are committed to take action in their community to address a pressing challenge.
Students accepted into CGI University Program will participate in an all inclusive year-round program that includes access to mentorship, training and tutoring.
Key Dates and Order of Program
The application deadline for CGI U 2021 is Friday, January 15 at 11:59pm ET.
All applicants will be notified of admissions decisions in February 2021.
All accepted CGI U students are expected to be available for the entirety of the scheduled dates of the four online modules outlined below.
The average time commitment is 3 hours per module.
- Online Module One– February 2021
- Online Module Two– March 2021
- Online Module Three– April 2021
- Online Module Four– May 1, 2021 to November, 2021
Applications will be reviewed by the CGI U Selection Committee.
The CGI U Selection Committee is committed to selecting a diverse cohort of students – representing different backgrounds, experiences, regions, institutions, academic studies, and project areas – that demonstrate the motivation to tackle specific challenges, the capacity to develop their leadership skills, and a dedication to CGI U’s year-long program.