Are you a youth with innovative solutions to Sustainable development goals? Then apply for the ClimateScience Olympiad 2021, and stand a chance to win up to $10,000, with an opportunity to meet like minded individuals and exchange knowledge.
Application Deadline: August 1, 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
- Winners: The top 3 teams win US$5,000, US$3,000 and US$2,000, respectively. The prize money is split half/half between the two team members or awarded in full in case the winner participated on their own.
- Finalists: If there’s no more pandemic, finalists will meet in person and attend the ‘Green zone’ of the United Nations Climate Summit (COP-26) in Glasgow on Nov 1-12, 2021. We are applying for finalists to also get a chance to enter the zone where political conversations happen and will post an update on this by April 2021.
- Semi-finalists: You are invited to a ClimateScience-led training group to help you prepare for the semi-final and, if you proceed, for the final.
- There are 2 age brackets for the competition: 14-17 and 18-25. If you are in one of those at the time of registration, you are eligible regardless of nationality or other factors.
- Both members of a team must be within the same age bracket at the time of application. We will require proof-of-age from everyone who makes it to the semi-finals.
- Both age brackets participate in the same qualifiers and answer the same type of problem statements. However, we only compare participants within their age groups. This means we score the two brackets independently and normalise them within each other. Semi-finalists, finalists and eventually the winners are then chosen based on the highest normalised score across age groups. This ensures fair comparison regardless of age.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
- Qualifiers: Compete in teams of 2 (recommended) or on your own. Teams can apply together. Individual applicants are, if they wish for it, matched up with a teammate by us.
- Semi Finals:The top 5% of all qualifier participants advance to the global semi finals. Semi finals are held online.
- Finals: the final will be conducted in-person in Glasgow, UK or online. If in-person, finalists will also be invited to the United Nations Climate Summit (COP26) in Glasgow, UK.
About the ClimateScience Olympiad
ClimateScience is a global charity creating and providing educational resources on solutions to climate change to 100,000s of people worldwide.
74% of global greenhouse gas emissions come from energy (electricity, fuels, heating, etc.).
They are working towards the need to find ways to replace fossil fuels with zero-carbon alternatives like renewables and safe nuclear energy.