Submit an application for the Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition (CEC) 2021 and be among the lucky winners to receive virtual badges of recognition and a certificate.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2021.
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
- Grand Prize winners will receive a virtual Gold Badge and a Certificate.
- Second Prize winners will receive a virtual Silver Badge and a Certificate.
- Third Prize winners will receive a virtual Bronze Badge and a Certificate.
- People’s Choice Prize winners will receive a virtual Gold Badge and a Certificate.
- Finalists not chosen as prize winners will receive an Honorable Mention Badge.
- Anyone who is 13 years old and over with an innovative idea for an enterprise which contributes to the sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and everyone from 13 years up who is operating such an enterprise in the form of a business, a non-profit orgainsation or an informal program.
- Anyone who is able to submit their entry in English.
- Depending on your age, you either take part in the youth (13-29 years old) or the adult from (30 years up) category.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
- Entries will be posted on the competition website and are subject to online commenting and public voting. Ten finalists in Youth (idea & project) and Adult (idea & project) categories will be determined according to votes and the Personal Activity Indicator algorithm.
- Finalists are requested to submit a video of their idea/project if they have not done so yet. The video can be a maximum of 3 minutes long, longer videos cannot be considered!
The Adult category of the Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition is an opportunity for entrepreneurs and wannabe entrepreneurs that are not eligible for the Youth category due to age restrictions.
Participants that are 30 years or older with an idea or project, a concept, solution or initiative with a societal impact that champion and help implement one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals are welcome to join.
The competition offers young entrepreneurs the opportunity to work on their ideas and to exchange ideas, thoughts on entrepreneurship, and challenges they face in a global community. It is particularly important to us to support especially young people in realizing their ideas and entrepreneurial goals.
Participants from 13 to 29 years with an idea or project, a concept, solution or initiative with a societal impact that champion and help implement one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals are welcome to join.
About the Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition
The Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition (CEC) is a part of the Entrepreneurship Campus and was initiated to empower entrepreneurs all around the world to create innovative answers to global and/or community challenges and to engage in a more peaceful and sustainable world.
You are invited to submit your innovative ideas and projects with a societal impact, which champion and implement one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The SDGs and 169 related targets address the most important social, economic, environmental, health and governmental challenges of our time.
Before, during and after the CEC you have the possibility to take two courses to help develop a sustainable business model from your idea. You will gain knowledge that can be helpful to change or upgrade existing projects as well. The Brain versus Capital (BvC) course serves as a basis and can also be completed without prior registration. The additional Sustainable Entrepreneurship Course (SEC) is recommended to be done after the end of the BvC course. Both courses are free of charge.
Key Dates and Order of Program
- APRIL 1, 2021
Start of CEC 2021
- JUNE 1, 2021
Start of Voting, Commenting & Sharing
- SEPTEMBER 30, 2021
Deadline for new entries
- NOVEMBER 1, 2021
Deadline for Votes & Comments
- NOVEMBER 9, 2021
Announcement of finalists
- NOVEMBER 19, 2021
Deadline for videos from finalists
- NOVEMBER 29, 2021
Deadline for Panel of Judges: selection of the winners
- DECEMBER 10, 2021
Online award ceremony
Entries will be evaluated based on their entrepreneurial vision, feasibility, innovation, leadership, social impact, and sustainability, among other factors. The People’s Choice is awarded to the participant with the most votes, across both categories. They are automatically among the finalists.
Our renowned jury of international entrepreneurs, experts and visionaries will scrutinize all 20 ideas and projects of the finalists and assess them according to the following criteria: entrepreneurial vision, feasibility, innovation, leadership, social impact, and sustainability, among other factors.
Grand Prize, Second Prize, Third Prize, and People’s Choice will be made public at a virtual Announcement Ceremony on 10 December 2021. All information about the process will follow.