Every year twelve selected Fellows are offered an intensive, 11-week residential course at the Department of Politics and International Relations (DPIR) at the University of Oxford to study and address emerging challenges to global integration through three basic components focusing on academic understanding, policy relevance and personal development.
This program will familiarize India’s future leaders with an understanding of the contemporary opportunities and challenges of global integration as well as leadership skills and the knowledge to translate this into policy and practice.
Application Deadline: March 22,2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
Each fellowship member gets the following:
- Full program fees
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship
- Return economy airfare from India to the UK
To be eligible for the Chevening Gurukul Fellowship for Leadership and Excellence you must:
- Be a citizen of India and currently live in the country
- Be ready to return to your country of citizenship at the end of the period of the fellowship
- Be a mid-career professional with strong leadership potential and have a good working knowledge of English
- Entrants are required to have at least ten years’ work experience prior to applying
- Entrants are required to have a postgraduate level qualification or equivalent professional training or work experience in a relevant area at the time of application
- Entrants are required to not hold British or dual-British citizenship
- Entrants are required to be ready to agree to adhere to all relevant guidelines, requirements and expectations of the program
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
About the Chevening Gurukul Fellowship for Leadership and Excellence
The Chevening Gurukul Fellowship for Leadership and Excellence is the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office’s flagship fellowship for India and has run for more than 20 years.
The fellowship is aimed at young high-flyers and mid-career professionals from diverse backgrounds with strong and demonstrable leadership potential. The fellowship addresses issues faced by leaders in all fields and explores changing ideas and practices of leadership, looking at the implications of globalisation for Indian leaders.
The fellowship is hosted by the University of Oxford within the Department of Politics and International Relations and is funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office.
Key Dates and Order of Program
Applications close at 22nd of March 2021
Sifting of applications against eligibility criteria (2-3 weeks).
Applications will be shortlisted by the British embassies/high commissions in the country (2-3 weeks).
Applicants will be notified when they have been selected for an interview.
The fellowship will take place in the University Of Oxford, UK.