Sign up now to join the Center for Human Rights, Faculty of Law, University of Pretoria, in its full-time doctoral scholarship in the field of sexual and reproductive rights in African.
The doctoral scholarship will afford successful awardees the opportunity to create and facilitate change for the African region with a wider platform, without any financial constraints.
Application Deadline: November 15th, 2020.
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
The scholarships will cover
- Tuition fees
- Travel expenses
- Housing costs
- Ancillary costs.
To qualify for application, Applicants must meet the minimum requirements:
- A Master’s Degree in law or humanities focusing on, or related to, the field of sexual or reproductive rights
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Proficiency in academic research
- Demonstrable interest and expertise in sexual and reproductive rights
- Basic familiarity with the African human rights system
- Capability to work independently and collaboratively.
- The Centre reserves the right to not fill the positions.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
To apply for the scholarship, forward an application completed with the following materials to Dr Satang Nabaneh: email@example.com:
- A curriculum vitae
- A brief motivation letter for applying for the scholarship, referring to the ‘minimum requirements’ above
- A proposal of about 3 to 5 pages of the prospective LLD/DPhil research clearly setting out
- the research problem,
- the research question(s) to be addressed,
- the proposed research methods/ methodology,
- and demonstrating familiarity with the most salient literature);
- A sample of your writing in the area of sexual and/or reproductive rights
- Copies of relevant post-graduate degree(s) and related academic transcript(s).
About the Centre for Human Rights Doctoral Scholarship in Sexual and Reproductive Rights in Africa
The Doctoral Scholarship in Sexual and Reproductive Rights in Africa is administered by the Centre for Human Rights, Faculty of Law, University of Pretoria.
The aim of the doctoral scholarship is to strengthen the Sexual and Reproductive Rights in Africa Program of the Centre in ways that develop a distinct focus on interrogating culture and/or criminalisation as part of broader discourses on sexual and/ or reproductive rights in the African region.
Key Dates and Order of Program
The deadline for submission of all applications is 15 November 2020.
The period of residence would start early in 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Successful candidates will be required to reside in Pretoria (South Africa) for the three-year period of the scholarship, and to contribute to the work of the Centre, for about 25 hours per week.