For Namibia, South Africa, and Zimbabwe nationals interested in pursuing a postgraduate degree with the costs covered, apply to the Canon Collins Sol Plaatje Scholarships 2021 for a chance to be awarded a study financial aid.
The Canon Collins Sol Plaatje Scholarships caters to promising individuals who are committed to social justice in Southern Africa and for whom a postgraduate qualification is an essential tool in working to create an open and just society.
Read below for details on eligibility, how to apply, and the deadline.
Application Deadline: August 10, 2020
Open the Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
Scholars selected in the Canon Collins Sol Plaatje Scholarships 2021 receive:
- A scholarship package ranging from R20,000 to R100,000 depending on student circumstances.
- Full and part-time Masters and Ph.D. level study as chosen, and distance learning for those who want it.
- Invitation to an annual conference for and several smaller events throughout the year.
- Access to a network of past and current scholars
To be eligible for this scholarship award, the applicant
- Must be a citizen of, or have official refugee status in
- South Africa
- Must reside in one of the aforementioned countries.
- Must hold a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application.
- Must be studying or applying to study at a South African university.
The scholarship offer extends only to those studying in these 3 areas:
- Justice: which includes Law, Economics, Politics and the Environment
- Education: policy and practice
- Humanities: which includes Literature, History, Anthropology and the Arts
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
About the Canon Collins Sol Plaatje Scholarships
The Canon Collins Trust supported by the Sol Plaatje Educational Project aims to provide support to individuals who are focused on advocating social justice in Southern Africa.
The initiative is committed to erecting a structure of change facilitated by change-makers across southern Africa who create and use knowledge for positive social impact.
Through the higher education and research funding, project grants, and international events program, the program continuously empowers individuals and bring about transformative change for society.
In realization of the fact that contemporary Southern Africa’s development depends on strong leadership in key fields, research and knowledge, the trust enables access to postgraduate and doctoral studies.
The project has supported over 3,500 individuals through their studies since 1981.
Key Dates and Order of Program
Networking and Partnership Opportunities
Canon Collins Trust in partnership with Sol Plaatje Educational Project is further supported by:
- Legal Resources Centre
- Equal Education
- Bhekisisa Health Journalism