Nominate a talented and accomplished biomedical scientist who is advancing humanity, for them to receive recognition and any one of seven awards in the 2021 Canada Gairdner Awards.
Selected Nominees will be granted a cash award that can be put towards anything they desire, from funding their labs/research to paying for their kid’s education.
Application Deadline: October 1, 2020
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
Successful nominees will each receive:
- Up to CAD$100,000
- Any of the Seven awards-
- Five Canada Gairdner International Awards for biomedical research
- One John Dirks Canada Gairdner Global Health Award for impact on global health issues
- One Canada Gairdner Wightman Award for a Canadian scientific leader.
In order to be eligible for nomination, nominees must
- Be world-leading researchers in biomedical or global health research.
- Be alive.
- Posthumous nominations or self-nominations are not acceptable.
- The Award Categories include:
- The Canada Gairdner International Awards(5)- Awarded to outstanding biomedical scientists who have made original contributions to medicine resulting in an increased understanding of human biology and disease.
- The Canada Gairdner Global Health Award(1) – Awarded for scientifically based research that has improved the health and well-being of those facing health inequities worldwide. This award can be shared.
- The Canada Gairdner Wightman Award(1)- Awarded to a Canadian health researcher who demonstrates extraordinary leadership paired with exceptional science.
- Nominations for the Canada Gairdner awards can be made by anyone.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
- Learn more about the nomination through FAQs.
- Click here for details on how to nominate someone.
- Read the Nomination Guidelines
- Click here to submit your nomination.
The nomination portal will be open from mid-April to October 1st 2020 for edits, changes or additions by nominators.
About the Canada Gairdner Awards
The Gairdner Foundation was established in 1957 with the aim of awarding prizes annually to researchers whose innovation, inventions and discoveries in biomedical and global health research have had major impact on progress in science and on human health.
The foundation engages in outreach programs across Canada and supports major research contributions in the eradication of disease and human suffering.
Up to 395 awards have been given to scholars from 35 countries and of those awardees, 92 have gone on to receive Nobel Prizes.
Key Dates and Order of Program
The deadline for the 2021 Canada Gairdner Award nominations is October 1st, 2020.
Nominations submitted after the deadline will be considered next year.
Shortlisted recipients will be announced by March 2021.
The Awards will be presented to winners by October of 2021.
The awards will be presented to successful nominees at the awards dinner in Toronto, Canada.