Nominate for the 2020 WFUNA Young Leader of the year, an enterprising young leader who has contributed positively to global issues through the WFUNA Youth Network.
Launched in commemoration of the International Youth Day 2020, the WFUNA will honor and celebrate the contributions of the winning nominee with a broader audience.
Application Deadline: September 20, 2020.
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
The successful nominee will proudly identify as the WFUNA Young Leader of 2020. Additional benefits include:
- Participation in WFUNA’s awareness-raising campaigns and advocacy efforts
- Inclusion and engagement in panel discussions, workshops, training sessions facilitated by WFUNA
- Free participation in WFUNA’s programs, such as the Human Rights Youth Training in Geneva, WIMUN, Mission Possible, etc.
To be eligible for nomination, the candidate has to be:
- Between 15-29 years old
- A member of a United Nations Association or United Nations Youth Association
- Self-nominations are not acceptable.
- Highly encouraged are nominations of young people that are working to:
- Participate actively in efforts to respond to the pandemic, either as frontline workers or through indirect support
- Contribute to challenging negative stereotypes associated with young people seen as spoilers to an effective response
- Find creative and innovative solutions to continue implementing youth programs amidst challenges posed by COVID-19.
- Make upholding human rights central to recovery plans.
- Strengthen solidarity and cooperation between peoples and nations
- An ideal candidate for nomination demonstrates:
- Inspirational Leadership
- Grassroots work on responding COVID-19 pandemic
- Commitment and integrity towards improving the lives of others
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
About the WFUNA Young Leader of the Year Award
The World Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA) is an international nonprofit organization facilitating a membership of over 100 national United Nations Associations (UNAs) and their thousands of constituents.
The WFUNA works to improve the United Nations by engaging people who share a global mindset and support international cooperation – global citizens.
The WFUNA Young Leader of 2020 theme focuses on identifying young people’s impact and role in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In commemoration of the UN 75th Anniversary, this call for nomination caters to young leaders who
- Have been able to inspire other youth looking to get involved in global issues.
- Engage and participate in the United Nations Associations and United Nations Youth Associations around the world through the WFUNA Youth Network
- Uphold UN values and contribute to the response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Key Dates and Order of Program
The deadline for nominations is 20th September 2020.
Selection will be made by the WFUNA Secretary-General and WFUNA Youth Advisory Council by October 16th, 2020.
The WFUNA Young Leader of the Year will be announced by October 26th, 2020.