Apply for a Visiting Fellowship at the British Library and if you’re selected, you will receive support to visit London to use the British Library’s collections relating to North America.
Successful recipients of the award will have the opportunity to make the research trip(s) between 1st May 2021 and 30th April 2024.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2021.
Open the Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
Successful applicants may apply for up to the following amounts, depending on where they are based:
- North America (Canada, the US and the greater Caribbean): Maximum £2,500.
- Europe (excluding UK): Maximum £2,250.
- The UK (outside the M25): Maximum £2,000.
- The UK (within the M25): Maximum £600.
Application for the program is open to
- Innovative researchers who are passionate and equipped to produce something new, exciting, challenging and different as a result of their research into the North American collections of the British Library.
- Applicants from academic backgrounds working on scholarly research.
- Creative practitioners working on artistic and cultural projects.
- Research towards a doctoral degree, an academic monograph or article, a poetry collection, a theatre production, a body of painting or sculpture, a new fashion collection…all these kinds of projects and more will be considered.
- Funding is available to individuals based in
- the UK,
- the United States and
- the greater Caribbean.
- Applications will be accepted on all subjects covered by the Library’s North American collections.
However, the Centre also operates a set of research priorities each year. These priorities are not exclusive; instead they are intended to promote areas of strength in the Library’s collections.
- For the 2021 competition applications are encouraged that consider topics in the fields of:
- North American and Caribbean Indigenous Studies
- Literary, theatrical and artistic connections in Canada, the Caribbean and the US
- Book history and arts in North America
- Pacific Ocean politics and geopolitics
- Migration in/from/through Canada, the Caribbean and the US
- LGBTQ cultures and histories in Canada, the Caribbean and the US
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
To submit an application,
- Read the Terms and Conditions associated with the award
- Use the appropriate form below and forward it via email
About the British Library Eccles Centre Visiting Fellowship Program 2021
The Visiting Fellowships at the British Library are offered to provide aid to individuals wishing to visit London to use the British Library’s collections relating to North America (the USA, Canada and the greater Caribbean).
Award recipients will be granted visitation rights to use the London library’s resources in order to produce innovative, different and exciting projects.
The 2021 awards will last for 3 years.
Key Dates and Order of Program
Applications must be submitted by the final deadline of 17.00 GMT on Friday, 15th January 2021.
For Awardees of the 2021 Fellowship, the research trip(s) will need to take place between 1 May 2021 and must be completed by 30 April 2024.
Applicants will be selected on the basis of evidenced passion for creating innovative and challenging projects.