Are you a graduate from a reputable national or international institute?
Then submit an application for the BRAC Institute of Governance and Development-BIGD Fellowship Program 2021 for a chance to be among the participants to learn about study design, econometric methods and a host of other things. You equally receive a monthly honorarium.
Application Deadline: May 20 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
As a TRA, participants will:
- learn applied econometric methods from senior researchers and support them in research.
- learn about study design, instrument development, and quality assurance and monitoring of all aspects of fieldwork.
- get hands-on experience in writing reports/articles from analysis.
- learn other research-related management skills.
- potentially get an opportunity to join BIGD as a research associate (for chosen participants).
- be able to pursue a research career using the skill sets learned as part of the program
- Honorarium (monthly): All selected participants will receive a monthly honorarium.
- At least a bachelor’s degree from a reputed national or international institute with a demonstrated ability to understand mathematical reasoning. Demonstrating ability in mathematical reasoning could be in different forms, including but not limited to, successful completion of mathematically involved coursework (as part of an undergraduate program or from online classes), strong Graduate Record Examination (GRE) quantitative score, etc.
- Must have successfully completed coursework in introductory statistics and econometrics (as part of an undergraduate program or from online classes).
- Interested in and developing skills in relevant tools.
- Active interest in national and global current affairs, economics, and politics.
- Must be committed to adhering to academic integrity.
- Must be respectful towards others.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Ability to think critically and analytically.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Prior research experience would be welcomed.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
- All applicants must complete this form. Applicants must attach several documents with the application (the list is given below). All documents must be attached as PDF files. Please use the following format for naming each document: [FirstName]_[LastName]_[DocumentType].
The list of required documents are as follows:
- An updated CV.
- All academic transcripts (combined into one PDF file).
- A statement of purpose (maximum 800 words). Please describe why you are interested in the fellowship, what makes you qualified to be a TRA, and how your participation in the YRF program would help you achieve your future goals. You may (or may not) chose to reflect on one story of your life that left a strong impression and why. It could be about a particular challenge that you faced and solved a great personal achievement or any other aspect that helps you to describe yourself to strangers who are interested in learning about you.
- (Optional) Proof of any additional qualification that you believe helps your application and want the selection committee to consider (please combine all such documents together into one PDF file with a cover page that contains the list of these documents).
- Optional) The name of one (1) letter of recommendation from a teacher/professional who knows you well and can tell us about your analytical ability. This person cannot be an immediate family member. Please ask your referee to send their letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline. Please ask them to use “YRF Letter of Recommendation for [First Name] [Last Name]”.
About the BRAC Institute of Governance and Development (BIGD) Fellowship Program
BRAC Institute of Governance and Development (BIGD) is a social science research and post-graduate institute of BRAC University. Governance and development challenges are complex, interrelated, and often systemic. We believe rigorous research can inform policymakers and practitioners to find effective strategies and smart entry points for addressing these challenges. We also believe that solid research must be tied to sustained advocacy and capacity strengthening for increasing research uptake and improving policy and program outcomes. This is what we do and constantly strive to do better.
BIGD’s highly competent research team engages in cutting-edge research of the global standard, often in collaboration with other top researchers worldwide. Our masters’ programs equip next-generation development practitioners and policymakers with a strong theoretical foundation and the skills to solve real-world problems.
Key Dates and Order of Program
The application deadline is Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 11:59 PM Bangladesh time.
All required documents must be submitted by the deadline for an application to receive full consideration. Any optional document submitted after the deadline might not be reviewed by the selection committee while judging the merit of the applicant.
The program will be four (4) months long.