Apply now for the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship 2020 to obtain a higher degree by research at Flinders University.
A highly-competitive annual scholarship, the AGRTPS has up to 10 slots available to be filled by scholars who display a remarkable knack for independent research.
Selected awardees are provided funding to undertake up to 3 years of full-time study for a Research Doctorate degree and up to 2 years of study for a Research Masters’s degree.
Application Deadline: August 7, 2020
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
Beneficiaries of the 2020 Australian Government Research Training Program will receive
- A full-time higher degree by research(Ph.D. or Master of Arts by research).
- Tuition fees charged by Flinders University for the research
- An allowance of $28,092 (not inclusive of tax)
- On arrival at Flinders University, an allowance of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation expenses and flight fare only if receipts can be provided will be paid to students from overseas.
The scholarship program is available for candidates with qualifications and required criteria listed below.
- Applicants who fulfill the University’s academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research. Read the Flinders University’s academic entry requirements.
- Applicants who hold a degree at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Hons degree(i.e a 4-year degree with a major research project in the final year)
- Applicants who satisfy the English proficiency levels required by Flinders University for international students.
- Applicants without an equivalent Higher Degree by research qualification
- Applicants who do not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship
- Applicants must be starting a Higher Degree by research in Australia for the first time
- Applicants for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide proof of their English language proficiency.
- Before applying for an AGRTPS, applicants will need to submit an application for admission to a higher degree by research followed by an application for the International RHD Scholarship group.
- Candidates with a current offer for admission to a Higher Degree by Research, do not need to apply for admission again.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Strictly follow all instructions below as incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Read the application guidelines before commencing your application.
- An active Flinders Authentication Name (FAN) is required to complete this process.
- Applicants who have never studied at, or made an application to Flinders University, can register and submit an application for admission to a higher degree by research using the application portal.
- Applicants who have studied at Flinders University within the last 12 months can submit their application for admission to research higher degrees and for scholarships via the Student Information System.
- Applicants who have studied at Flinders University but graduated more than 12 months ago will need to reactive their FAN via the FAN reactivation page. With an active FAN, you will then be able to submit your application for admission via the Student Information System
- After completing your registration you will receive a confirmation email, this will arrive within 1 hour to your email address and will contain your login details and instructions on how to activate your FAN.
- Applicants who have previously applied to study at Flinders will be able to reactive their FAN via the FAN reactivation page. Enter your First name, Last name, date of birth, and your student ID, normally found on any letters sent by the university to you. The system will be able to identify you more accurately if you can enter your student ID.
- With an active FAN, you will then be able to submit your application for admission via the Student Information System as advised above
- You will find the application form by selecting the My Applications tab at the top of the page, selecting the degree you wish to be admitted to, and completing the form. Once you have completed the application for admission, you will need to complete an application for the scholarship.
- To do this, continue by selecting the My Scholarship tab and then Create a new scholarship application. The scholarship application is called International RHD Scholarship – group. This application will ensure you are assessed for the AGRTPS.
- Once your application is complete, including all mandatory questions and documentation, your application will be assessed and proceed to submit your application for the scholarship
- Applicants are to carry out the procedures stated below and attach the required documentation to their application:
- Curriculum Vitae: Attach a detailed up to date CV outlining your work experience, all research experience, and a full list of cited publications should be included with your application.
- Research Supervisor: Get in touch with an academic staff member and ensure that they commit to supervising you if you are awarded the scholarship. Attach an email proof of the supervisor’s agreement to your application.
- Publications: You are to include proof of publications; you may include up to five of your publications with your application.
- Academic Transcripts: Attach certified copies of all university-level academic transcripts, (translated into English if applicable).
- Research Proposal: Attach a comprehensive research proposal of approximately 500 words in length, outlining the problem, hypothesis, or question and the methodology or approach.
- Academic Referees: Fill Section A of two copies of the Academic Referee’s Confidential Report forms and send them to 2 suitable referees you prefer. State your chosen referee on your application form. Academic Referee reports must be returned to email@example.com by August 7, 2020.
- Format & Language: All documents should be in English, scanned, and saved as a PDF in the right orientation. Please name all documents with your family name and document name.for example-: name_Transcript, name_publication 1..
- All applications must be submitted through the application portal
About the Australian Government Research Training Program(AGRTP) Scholarship
The Australian Government in collaboration with Flinders University launched the Australian Government Research Training Program(AGRTP) Scholarship initiative, an annual scholarship opportunity for students to undertake a higher degree by research
In an era of disruptive change and remarkable technological innovation, the initiative aims to prepare outstanding young leaders for the unpredictable, exciting future, in both academia and outside.
Established in 1966, Flinders is an innovative world-class research institute, exceptional for its high-quality teaching, and community engagement. The main campus is located at Bedford Park, with additional Adelaide locations at Victoria Square and Tonsley.
Key Dates and Order of Program
Applications for the Australian Government Research Training Program closes Friday 7th August 2020 at 5 pm Australia, Adelaide local time.
Review and assessment of entries will commence once applications have closed
Applicants are assessed based on
- Academic merit
- Academic research training
- Research indicators and performance.
The higher degree by research program would take place at Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia.