Submit an essay on how ASEAN and Korea can navigate through the present uncertainties created by the COVID-19 pandemic in this essay contest and stand a chance to win numerous prizes.
Contestants who emerge the winners will be awarded up to KRW 2,000,000 prize, with access to more life changing opportunities.
Application Deadline: November 8, 2020
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
The benefits of participating include:
- 5 teams to be awarded prize money as follow:
- Grand Prize (1 team): KRW 2,000,000
- Second Prize (2 teams): KRW 1,000,000
- Third Prize (2 teams): KRW 500,000
- A potential publication for winning essays.
The contest is open to all ASEAN and Korean undergraduate and graduate students
- All Submissions must be endorsed by an academic advisor (professor)
- Applicants can submit as a team consisting up to 2 students
- For team entries, all members must meet eligibility requirements to participate in the Contest
- Solely, original and unpublished essays will be considered for evaluation.
- Reference materials must be properly cited.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
To enter the contest, adhere to the following guideline
- The essay must be submitted in the English or Korean Language.
- Abstract must be written in English for both English and Korean essays.
- Attach the following documents to your submission:
- Abstract(500 words / 1 page)
- Application form (by participants)
- Recommendation form (by advisor)
- The format of the submission should be:
- Max. 4,000 words or 10 pages
- Times New Roman
- 12 points
- 1.5 interlinear
- Max. 3,000 words or 10 pages
- 11 points
- 1.5 interlinear
- Essays must be submitted and formatted in Microsoft Word.
- In-text citations must be made in APA (seventh edition).
- Read the plagiarism policy.
- Submit your entry
About the ASEAN-Korea Academic Essay Contest
A program launched as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic that interrupted collaborations between ASEAN and Korea in almost every field, the ASEAN-Korea Academic Essay Contest is focused on students that are willing to carry out in-depth intellectual works on a better life post-pandemic.
The contestants are to assist ASEAN and Korea with solutions that can navigate through the present uncertainties and turn the crisis into an opportunity.
With this year’s edition themed “ASEAN-Korea Digital Partnership in the Post-COVID-19 Era”, the areas of ASEAN-Korea digital cooperation to be focused on include e-commerce, e-learning, IT startup and social media.
The contest is organized by ASEAN-Korea Centre, Center for ASEAN and Indian Studies of the Korea National Diplomatic Academy, CSIS Indonesia.
The contest is supported by ASEAN Secretariat, ROK Ministry of Foreign Affairs, ASEAN University Networks.
Key Dates and Order of Program
The deadline for submission is 8th of November 2020 (Korea Standard Time).
The winning teams/contestants will be announced by 10th December, 2020.
All eligible entries received will be evaluated by a panel of judges chosen by the organizers.
Less than 5 teams may be selected depending on the quality of entries.