Are you a doctoral candidate pursuing a doctoral degree at a university or a research Institute in Africa, Latin America or Asia? Then you should apply for the Argelander Scholarships 2021.
The scholarship provides funding for doctoral candidates from countries in the Global South to promote scientific exchange with partners.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
Successful candidates get:
- A scholarship of €1,500 per month (additional funds for accompanying family members: up to €300 for spouse and €250 per child).
- A research expense allowance of up to €300 per month .
- A travel allowance (depending on the country of origin)
The opportunity is open to :
Doctoral candidates pursuing a doctoral degree at a university or a research Institute in Africa, Latin America or Asia.
P.S: Doctoral candidates who are already pursuing their Ph.D. at the University of Bonn are not eligible for funding
- The quality of the research project to be pursued as part of the doctoral studies during the candidate’s stay in Bonn.
- The intensity of the existing cooperation or its potential for future growth between the applicant and the home Institution of the doctoral candidate.
- The integration of the doctoral candidate into an existing research environment in Bonn (e.g. Integration into a BIGS work group, etc.: use of a workplace, etc).
- An effective supervision blueprint under the cooperation agreement
Recipients of funding should finish their doctorates at their home university (to avoid brain drain).
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Submit your form electronically via here.
Application must include:
- Online form
- Project description (PDF of max. 8 pages), consisting of:
- An outline of the research project to be worked on during the person’s stay in Bonn
- Reasons for the host to invite the doctoral candidate
- An outline of how the doctoral candidate will be integrated at the host institute (place of work, participation in the Institute’s teaching and research activities), and an outline of how the project will be supervised in Bonn
- CV and motivational letter of the doctoral candidate (PDF)
- A financing plan (please use this Excel table)
About the Argelander Scholarships
In order to promote international cooperation in the priority regions indicated in the partnership strategy. The University of Bonn provides funding for doctoral candidates from countries in the Global South.
This funding line is intended to intensify collaborations between scientists in Bonn and their partners in Africa, Latin America or Asia.