For independent researchers who are experienced in their fields, this scheme offers an opportunity to pursue interdisciplinary and solutions-oriented research to benefit wider society.
Selected researchers will be granted funding to develop their research innovatively while collaborating with partners from other disciplines for up to 2 years.
Application Deadline: 29th October 2020
Open the Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
For up to 2 years, this scheme will provide award funding of up to £100,000 to cover the following:
- Relief for the applicant (and co-applicant) from some of their teaching and administrative duties
- Research expenses (up to 25% of the total award can be spent on this)
- Research-related collaborative travel expenses
In addition, the awardees will be able to request for an additional £10,000 to support public engagement activities.
Applications for this program is available to Researchers:
- With a strong track record as an established independent researcher (this can include engineering researchers, humanities and social sciences scholars and scientists)
- Based at a UK University or non-profit research institution for at least the duration of the project
- Within the remit of more than one of the Academies.
- Selected scholars will be expected to collaborate with a research partner from a different discipline from their own or a different university in the UK.
- Applications must be within the remit of more than one of the Academies. Applications that span the remit of the Royal Academy of Engineering and British Academy are encouraged.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
- Ensure that you meet all the eligibility requirements as explained in the scheme notes.
- Read the full conditions of Award
- Read the FAQs for further information on the program.
- Read the application guide.
- Submit your application via the Royal Society’s electronic grant application system.
About the APEX Award
The APEX Award supports independent researchers with a positive track record in their field of specialization.
The scheme was established to support next-level partnerships across disciplines, especially the boundary between science, engineering, and the social sciences and humanities.
It aids exceptional multicultural and multidisciplinary researches that are unlikely to be aided by usual funding programs.
The program supports researchers to innovate in their research through collaboration with partners from other disciplines.
Key Dates and Order of Program
The deadline for applications is 3 pm on Tuesday 29th, October 2020.
Entrants will be notified of the result of the application process in July 2021.
All awards must start between 1 September 2021 and 1 November 2021.
All applications will be assessed by the APEX Awards Panel.
They will be peer-reviewed and assessed by a cross-disciplinary panel with broad ranging expertise drawn from the fellowship of all three Academies.
Networking and Partnership Opportunities
The program is administered the APEX Award in collaboration with the British Academy, the Royal Society and the Royal Academy of Engineering.
Its further supported by the Leverhulme Trust.