Are you a graduate from Brazil, the People’s Republic of China, India, the Russian Federation, South Africa or the USA interested in implementing a self-chosen project that supports your career development, is societally relevant and has a lasting public impact?
Then apply for the Alexander von Humboldt German Chancellor Fellowship Program 2021.
Application Deadline: October 15, 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
Successful applicants get:
- A monthly fellowship grant of 2,170 Euros, 2,470 Euros or 2,770 Euros – depending on training and career level.
- An intensive language course before the beginning of the fellowship and funding for German courses during your fellowship
- Individual support during their stay in Germany.
- Additional financial support, e.g. for accompanying family members, for travel expenses, for full private health insurance or for an additional German language course.
- Access to joint events where they can experience professional and personal intercultural exchange with other fellows and gain insights into German culture.
- A two-week study tour through Germany as well as a number of events where applicants can connect with other fellows and meet representatives of German businesses and institutions.
- Extensive alumni sponsorship to support long-term connections with your cooperation partners in Germany over the duration of your entire professional career.
Applicants host institutions will receive a monthly allowance for research costs of 500 euros.
The opportunity is open to applicants who :
- Have either a Brazilian, Chinese, Indian, Russian, South African or American citizenship
- Work in a field such as politics, business, media, administration, society or culture and have demonstrable initial leadership experience.
- Want to conduct an independently developed project with a host of your choice in Germany.
Requirements/Specifications/Terms and Conditions
- Have completed your first academic degree (Bachelor or comparable degree) no more than twelve years ago when you start your fellowship.
- Have good knowledge of English and/or German.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Submit the following application documents online here:
- Letter of motivation: Tell them what drives you, what leadership experience you already have and what your career goals are.
- Project plan: Outline the project you have developed yourself and agreed with your intended host prior to applying. Why is your project of societal significance, and how will you be able to build bridges between Germany and your home country in the future?
- Extensive statement including mentoring agreement from your host in Germany.
- Two letters of recommendation (not more than 12 months old) from individuals who can provide information on your professional, personal and/or academic background.
About the Alexander von Humboldt German Chancellor Fellowship Program
The fellowship programme is under the patronage of the Federal Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany.
Up to 60 German Chancellor Fellowships are awarded each year – up to ten per country.
Key Dates and Order of Program
Applications open: 15 March
Applications close: 15 October
The Selection Committee is composed of well-respected leaders from various areas of society and will select up to ten candidates per country by majority vote.
The fellowship program would take place in Germany