If you are a young woman from Kenya, Rwanda or Uganda, here’s your chance to pursue a technical training program without any financial constraints.
Successful young women in the program will have access to CodeHive, the AkiraChix signature program while also receiving market-ready technology training, entrepreneurship, life-skills, mentorship and leadership training.
Application Deadline: 15th November 2020.
Open the Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
The benefits of participating in the AkiraChix CodeHive signature program, for all students include:
- Access to a one-year fully subsidized residential hands-on technical training program.
- Mentorship and leadership training.
- Opportunity to learn and innovate.
- Support from the program to find a work placement.
- An offer of a 6-month incubation space on campus to set up enterprise for intending entrepreneurs.
To be eligible, applicants must
- Have completed High School no later than 2019
- Hold a High School certificate as proof of graduation from an institution recognized in applicant’s respective country by the Ministry of Education.
- Be a young woman aged between 18 and 24 years by January 2021.
- Be fluent in written and spoken English Language.
- Be a resident of Kenya, Rwanda or Uganda.
- Have a passport or National ID of said country of origin.
- Be passionate about technology and its use in bringing change to communities
- Be available full time from January 16, to December 1, 2021 and willing to live on the AkiraChix campus throughout the program.
- Be a changemaker and committed to offering community service
- Be able to demonstrate involvement in leadership activities in individual communities(school, church/mosque/temple etc).
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
- Learn more about the program through Frequently Asked Questions
- Click here to apply.
- For entrants with limited access to a computer or internet, AkiraChix has also partnered with organizations across Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda to offer support. The test centers will each have an AkiraChix certified stamp.
Applicants will be required to carry
- Original National ID
- Birth certificate
- High School result slip
- Recommendation letter to the Centre,
to be scanned as part of the application.
- The test centers are
- Baringo County
Dandelion Africa based in Mogotio Town
Dandelion Africa Nakuru Office Google Map
- Marsabit County
PISP-Pastoralist Integrated Support Program offices (Chalbi Scholar)
Directions: based 200m from Isiolo- highway. Next to KALRO Offices- Kenya Agricultural and Livestock Research Organization
- Mombasa County
Hatua Likoni based in the Likoni area
- Nairobi County
AkiraChix Campus, Muringa road off Elegeyo Marakwet road, Kilimani
- Siaya County
Matibabu Foundation based in Ukwala, Ugenya Subcounty
- Turkana County
Resilience Action International based in Kakuma Refugee Camp.
Directions: Kakuma 2, Zone 2, Block 2, in Kakuma Refugee Camp
- Turkana County
Friends of Lake Turkana based in Lodwar
- Wajir County
Wajir Community Radio
Wajir Community Radio based in Wagberi location.
- Komera based in Kayonza District, Eastern Province
Directions: Kayonza District near Rwinkwavu hospital in the Rwinkwavu sector.
- Resonate based in Kigali
Directions: KG 674 Street, Number 28, Kimihurura, Kigali, across the street from Mamba Club.
Directions: Kirinya, next to Namboole High School.Kampala.
Contact: +256 775800074
- Rockies Uganda based in Kampala.
Directions: We are Located in Mutundwe, Madaala zone 1, Rubaga Division, Kampala District. Near ABC/Divine Primary School, near Uplands High School, near former Serene Suites.
- Wezesha Impact based in Kampala.
Directions: Mengo Sentema Road, Kampala.
About the AkiraChix CodeHive Program
The AkiraChix is a tech based initiative that provides a subsidized residential training program for young women between 18 and 24 years from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds who have completed high school education, and are unable to further their education due to financial constraints.
CodeHive is the AkiraChix signature program.
In 2021, the initiative aims to recruit 70 highly motivated young women from across Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda’s underserved communities.
The training sessions and mentorship will be led by East Africa’s leading experts in technology and business.
Students in the program will also get to attend and network at East Africa’s leading technology conferences and workshops.
Students will be required to produce market-ready prototype solutions.
Key Dates and Order of Program
The deadline for applications is 15th November 2020 at 11.59 PM (GMT +3).
70 highly motivated young women from across Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda’s underserved communities will be selected based on their demonstrated and evidenced passion for technology and its use in bringing change to their communities.