Are you a start-up, an association, or a research center?
Then apply for the Agence Francaise de Developpement (AFD) Digital Challenge 2021 for a chance to win a cash prize of €20,000, international visibility and customized Support.
Application Deadline: May 26 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
- A cash prize of €20,000
- International Visibility
- Customized Support
- You’re a start-up, an association, or a research center.
- Your project is related to one of the themes presented above and detailed in the rules
- Your project is already on the market and is in the seed/launch phase
- Your project has a legal structure as well as a sustainable and autonomous business model
- Digital technology is at the heart of your solution.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Startups, associations and research centers would be developing digital solutions on the themes presented below:
Reducing the Digital footprint
- Digital tools and services for the reduced energy consumption of networks and data centers,
- eco-construction and tools used to reduce the consumption of terminals and boxes,
- eco-design of digital equipment and services,
- recycling of electronic waste.
Innovating to build a sustainable economy
- Digital technology to reduce the impact of land, air, sea and river transport,
- digital technology to promote sustainable territories,
- services numériques de diffusion de bonnes pratiques pour l’environnement et le climat à destination du secteur public, des entreprises et des citoyens,
- digital services for the dissemination of best environmental and climate practices for the public sector, businesses and citizens,
- digital services for green finance,
- digital tools and services for agro-ecology, traceability and limiting agricultural losses.
Preserving Natural Resources
- Preventing and reacting to natural disasters: data and prediction, warning systems, business continuity plans for climate incidents, civil protection systems, etc.
- contributing to the preservation of ecosystems and helping the most vulnerable populations to adapt to climate change.
About the Agence Francaise de Developpement (AFD) Digital Challenge
Since 2016, the AFD Digital Challenge has been rewarding the most innovative African startups, associations and research centers in terms of digital technology and solving sustainable development goals on the continent. After 5 years of existence, 35 African start-ups have benefited from financial support and coaching to scale up their businesses. The digital revolution is transforming the African continent, driven by a new generation of entrepreneurs who combine innovation, economic performance and social and/or environmental impact. When addressing climate and biodiversity issues, information and communication technologies are, most of the time, considered through their negative impacts (infrastructure, electronic waste, data storage…).
Key Dates and Order of Program
- April 28, 2021: Opening of the call go projects.
- May 26, 2021: Closing of the call for projects.
- The 30 best applications would be selected for the in-depth phase.
- Then the 15 best would be selected for the final selection phase.
- The remaining 10 would be nominated.
- Winner 2020 edition:
- Boubacar Keita
- Kaicedra Consulting, application Map Action