Are you an African fashion designer, illustrator or enthusiast?
Then apply for the Africa’s Got Style Fashion Design Competition and be among the lucky people to win amazing cash prizes.
You equally get to connect with other emerging designers and design companies, and get to be featured on Africa’s Got Style globally.
Application Deadline: May 17, 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
- Cash prizes $1,000 (first winner) $500 (2nd winner) $300 (third winner)
- Winners are provided with marketing and communication services to promote their brand.
- The 5 winning designs would appear on Africa’s got style fashion book which would be available worldwide. Furthermore, winning designs would also appear in magazines, newspapers and webzines.
- The winners would appear in Africa’s got style viewed globally.
- AGS connects emerging designers with design companies and producers
- Open to African fashion designers, illustrators or enthusiasts.
- Participants must design innovative pieces from Africa, root traditional textiles and fabrics
- Designs must fall under the above clothing categories.
- New and emerging designers are encouraged to apply
The content is structured in a way that involves community participation where contestants would be voted by the community before judges would pick the winner. There are three rounds of the contest as explained below:
- First round: contestants would submit two images (front and back of their design which would be posted on AGS Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages where the community can vote and the 54 designs with the highest votes move to the next round.
- Second Round: The 54 winners of the first round would be given one week to submit two designs made with the same fabric but different styles.
- Final Round: The 20 highest voted design from the 2nd round would submit a video pitch of bow they would innovate from African textiles and styles.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Application is free
- Fill the form and attach your fashion mood board and a word or pdf presentation containing the inspiration behind your design, materials used and how they were sourced and the story behind your design.
- Each submitted application in it’s entirety, must be an original concept created by but not necessarily sewn by the contest entrant.
- Contestants will be selected based on Africa’s got style discretion. All applicants will be notified and announced by May 30th 2021.
About the Africa's Got Style Fashion Design Competition
Africa’s Got Style is a fashion design contest created to invite African designers into the conversation where they can draw from a wide variety of African textiles and styles to create functional and contemporary wears that showcase African rich heritage in a new light.
The idea is a pragmatic and conceptual approach to transcend the boundaries of African Fashion and to challenge the conventions of our traditional fabrics as a pigeon hole pieces that only serve a cultural role or conceal a sacrosanctity to be revered.
The show is a contest which will inspire Africa fashion creatives to make causal, formal and role-play wear using African-root fabrics and textiles that can compete and appeal to a global audience. Clothes that speak purpose, need, wearability and globalization.