Are you a young African between the ages of 18-25?
Submit an application for the Absa Fellowship for young Africans where you get to receive financial support for academic studies, and also actively participate in a special leadership development programme created by Absa.
Application Deadline: Unspecified
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
What does the Fellowship offer?
The Absa Fellowship Programme is much more than an ordinary scholarship or bursary initiative. While successful candidates will receive financial support towards their academic studies, they are expected to actively participate in a specially curated leadership development programme created by Absa.
The following will be covered:
- Academic costs
- Full tuition
- Textbooks & Educational equipment
- Monthly stipend
- Meal allowance
- Leadership programme
- Travel (if required)
- Learner modules and guides
- Online lectures and assessments
- Emotional wellness check-in sessions, academic tutoring and mentoring
The Fellowship will provide a platform for participants to “engage the world to change the world” by creating their own content and posing their own questions. The Fellowship will also offer an involved emotional and academic wellness support structure.
Candidates should be:
- A catalyst for change
- Brave and ready to embrace possibility
- Ethical and socially conscious
- Studying towards an undergraduate degree in:
Humanities (Social Sciences)
- A strong student with a matric average of 65% or more
- Between the age of 18 and 25 years
- Entering the first year of tertiary studies, with provisional or full acceptance from Absa’s pre-selected universities:
- University of Johannesburg
- University of the Witwatersrand
- University of Pretoria
- University of Kwa-Zulunatal
- University of Cape town
- University of Stellenbosch
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
- Applicants need to apply online
- Applicants need to ensure that the application form is filled out correctly, in full and in English
- All necessary documents are to be uploaded. You will not be able to complete the application process if mandatory documents are not uploaded.
Click here to apply
About the Absa Fellowship
The aim of the Absa fellowship programme is to develop and equip the fellowship recipient with the critical competency skill sets that future leaders would require to achieve institutional and transformational impact, both in business, communities and the African continent.
The overall Leadership Development programme would ensure that, on completion, the scholarship recipient would not only have an academic degree, but also a pivotal network of peers. They will have built an understanding of these authentic selves, developed a deep sense of their own creativity, as well as the capacity to effect the changes that they desire, with an understanding of the African context and the possibilities therein.