Fully Funded Trip to Japan in the Peaceful Futures Scholarship to Attend the One Young World Summit 2022 (Ages 18-30)
Are you a young person between the ages of 18 and 30?
Then apply for the peaceful futures scholarship to win a fully funded trip to Japan to attend the one young world summit 2022.
Application Deadline: November 25 2021
Days Hours Minutes Seconds
[wd_hustle id=\”3\” type=\”embedded\”/]
Table of Content
Click to see section
Scholars would receive:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo, Japan which takes place from 16 – 19 May.
- Participation in an exclusive Citizens of our Planet pre and post Summit programme.
- Hotel accommodation in Tokyo from 15 – 19 May.
- Travel to and from Tokyo (economy)
- All meals covered (includes breakfast, lunch and dinner on conference days)
- Transport between Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Permanent membership of the One Young World Ambassador Community.
- Aged 18 – 30*
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants must demonstrate positive impact related to tackling youth violence.
- *Most delegates are between the ages of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. We are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you\’re doing things correctly.
It\’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Click the link to Apply Now
About the One Young World Summit
Violence among young people is a global emergency with impacts on public health, human rights and economic prosperity. An estimated 200,000 10–29 year-olds are victims of homicide each year, accounting for 42% of total victims. This statistic is just one aspect of a broader spectrum of violence committed by and against young people including bullying, sexual assault and serious physical and psychological injury with life-long consequences.
Tackling this crisis requires a broad-based approach that both mitigates the immediate consequences of violence and addresses the root causes of the issue. It is essential that young people\’s lived experiences play a central role in the creation and implementation of these solutions.
The Peaceful Futures Scholarship has been established to identify and amplify the voices of young leaders who undertake exemplary work to end youth violence and create a peaceful future for their peers and subsequent generations.
Peaceful Futures Scholars will participate in the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo, Japan. During the Summit they will hear and be heard by peers from 190+ countries as well as senior political, business and humanitarian leaders.
Following the Summit Scholars will join the One Young World Ambassador community of 13,000 plus young leaders in 190+ countries. Between Summits, the One Young World Community participates in an ongoing programme of opportunities including caucuses, funding, peer-to-peer mentoring, media exposure, and speaking engagements.
In addition, scholars will be invited to play an ongoing role in the Citizens of our Planet\’s ongoing efforts to tackle violence as members of the organisation’s steering committee on the subject. Citizens of Our Planet is a 501(c3) foundation by Chili Piper, founded on the belief that we are all connected and citizens of the same world. The foundation will fund and create programs united by three main themes: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion; World Peace and Ending Violence.
Key Dates and Order of Program
- Deadline for application is November 25 2021.
One Young World will evaluate these applications according to the following criteria:
- Evidenced commitment to reducing youth violence in communities around the world, particularly where it affects marginalised communities. Relevant impact may include:
- Educational interventions.
- Efforts to address root causes such as income inequality.
- Preventative programmes focussing on at-risk youth.
- Interventions that build cohesion between groups in conflict.
- Leadership ability in championing and galvanising stakeholders around their chosen cause or issue.
- A capacity for innovation and problem solving that is entrepreneurial and values-driven.
- Concern for local and global issues.
- Experience of working towards a shared goal through teamwork and collaboration.
- Citizens of our Planet will select 6 scholarship recipients from a shortlist provided by One Young World.
Program and Venues
- The One Young World Summit 2021 will be held in Munich, Germany from 22 – 25 July.
Networking and Partnership Opportunities
One Young World partners with 190+ global businesses, NGOs and educational institutions. Leading companies from every sector make One Young World an integral part of their global talent development, retention and attraction strategies.
Companies increasing their level of involvement each year demonstrate their ever-growing commitment to young leaders. Companies sending Delegates include Accenture, Audi, BMW, BNP Paribas, Chanel, Citigroup, Coca-Cola, Deloitte, Facebook, GE, Google, Johnson & Johnson, L’Oréal, McKinsey, Unilever and Verizon, to name a few. One Young World boasts the largest corporate footprint of any organisation in the third sector.