Get a Grant of US$150,000 for Early Stage Investigators in the International AIDS Society CIPHER Grant Program 2021/2022
Are you an early stage investigator?
Then submit an application in the International AIDS Society CIPHER Grant Program 2021/2022 to get a grant of up to $150,000 to carry out your research project.
Application Deadline: January 27 2022
Days Hours Minutes Seconds
[wd_hustle id=\”3\” type=\”embedded\”/]
Table of Content
Click to see section
- The CIPHER Grant Programme directly supports the development of early-stage investigators, awarding up to US$150,000 for up to two years to address research gaps in paediatric and adolescent HIV in resource-limited settings.
- This is a unique “stepping up” opportunity, designed to give investigators the experience they need to compete for larger funding. The grants are resulting in personal and career development, capacity building on the ground, and research that informs policies and programmes.
- CIPHER is pleased to accept applications in both English and French.
- To encourage more applications from young investigators in West and Central Africa, at least one grant will be awarded to francophone applicants for projects in West and Central Africa.
Check here for FAQs
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you\’re doing things correctly.
It\’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
- Call for Letter of Intent
- Application form template (for consultation only)
- Appel à lettre d’intention
- Formulaire de candidature (pour consultation uniquement
About the International AIDS Society CIPHER Grant Program
Since 2013, CIPHER Grantees have been addressing key clinical and operational research gaps in pediatric and adolescent HIV. They are doing this where it is needed the most, in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs); in fact, recognizing the importance of building research capacity, CIPHER awards approximately 80% of funds to applicants from LMICs.
The intention is to attract early-stage investigators – from inside and outside the field of HIV research – to address critical research questions while providing a unique opportunity for professional development.
In 2021, the COVID-19 pandemic represented an unprecedented challenge for health systems: in the first quarter, 94% of countries reported disruptions of essential health services. Access to HIV prevention was reduced and there were decreases in testing and treatment initiation. The resilience and innovations of the HIV response have also been demonstrated. In particular, community-led services reached affected communities with essential services in the most challenging settings.
There is now an opportunity to adapt and enhance the approaches from the COVID-19 response to pediatric and adolescent HIV. This recognizes the need to develop innovative strategies reflecting on the lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic. CIPHER aims to support research projects that could inform HIV policies and programs, thus accelerating the HIV response in grantees’ countries.
The CIPHER Grant Program is made possible with the generous support of Founding Sponsor ViiV Healthcare. Its content is guided by experts in pediatric and adolescent HIV convened by the International AIDS Society.
Key Dates and Order of Program
- Deadline for Application is January 27 2022.
Networking and Partnership Opportunities
- CIPHER has partnered with the World Health Organization to develop global research agendas on HIV testing, treatment and service delivery for paediatric and adolescent populations. CIPHER implements these global research priorities through its grant and fellowship programmes.