Win up to £1,000 in the New Media Writing Prize 2021
Apply to participate in the New Media Writing Prize 2021, and be among the outstanding people to win up to £1,000, the Writing magazine student award and many other prizes.
Application Deadline: November 26 2021
Days Hours Minutes Seconds
[wd_hustle id=\”3\” type=\”embedded\”/]
Table of Content
Click to see section
- The if:book UK New Media Writing Prize: £1000 donated by if:book UK, where the winner may also be a student, i.e., satisfies point d. of clause 7.
- The Writing Magazine Student Award: a year’s free subscription to Writing Magazine; or a free writing course, tailored to the winner’s needs.
- The Opening Up Award: £500
- The Digital Journalism Award: £500 and a year’s FIPP membership.
Anyone can apply!
- Whether you’re a student, a professional, an artist, a writer, a developer, a designer or an enthusiast, the competition is open to all. It’s also an international competition, open to all outside the UK. Entries do need to be in English.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you\’re doing things correctly.
It\’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Each entry for any of our Prizes should be submitted via the online form.
- Each entry should contain an active URL for the judges to access your work. However, if your entry is for viewing on a mobile phone, wearable, or other electronic device, please provide clear instructions on how to view your piece.
- Each entry should contain the following information within the text of the entry form:
- title of the work; clear access details, including, eg, URL, download instructions, app access code if required (if an access code is needed for an app, we require 6 free codes, for the judges)
- Entrant\’s contact details: name, email address, telephone number and postal address. For joint entries, all entrants’ contact details must be provided with identification of the main entrant for contact purposes;
- entrant’s short autobiography (50-100 words). For joint entries, all entrants must provide their autobiographies.
- entrants who wish to submit as students must provide a proof of identity which should be copied into the entry form in the short biography section, e.g. a scan copy of entrant’s Student Union ID card or university enrolment number, which will be authenticated at the organiser’s discretion.
- It is possible for one person to submit more than one entry provided each entry is submitted separately. It is possible for several persons to submit a joint entry provided one entrant is identified as the main contact.
- All work entered in the Competition must be original material. The copyright in such work remains with the entrant(s).
About the New Media Writing Prize
This international event is now in its 12th year. The NMWP encourages and promotes the best in new-media writing and is leading the way toward the future of the ‘written’ word and interactive storytelling.
The NMWP has attracted entries from the very best and most innovative writers in the field, from all around the world.
Key Dates and Order of Program
- Friday November 26th 2021 12 noon UK time except for the Writing Magazine Student Award by
- Friday 17th December 2021 12 noon UK time (Late entries will not be considered):
- Innovative use of new (digital) media/transmedia to create an engaging, satisfying fictional or non-fictional narrative, poem, or other story form.
- Ease of accessibility for the reader/viewer.
- Effective use of interactive elements.
- A great example of how new media can do things traditional media can’t. The potential to reach out to a wide audience (i.e. not just specialist interest groups).
- NB All entries in all categories must be in English.